I want 2 different shipping taxes

adventurebook
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi AdnanEr, 

Do I understand correctly that you are building this feature for a Shopify store? 

If so, I would love your help on this. 

0 Likes
adventurebook
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Victor, 

That is unfortunate. From another poster on this thread, I see that Sweden has similar rules on shipping tax as The Netherlands, so this is a feature that many European merchants would need in their store. I will continue to look for a solution, hopefully, someone will be able to make this customization in my store. Because of course, paying 21% tax instead of 9% on shipping is quite a chunk out of our projected margins and is a bummer to put it mildly.  

Would there be a way for us to batch correct the shipping tax calculated on specific orders? So that we might correct the shipping tax after the order is placed? 

Thank you

AdnanEr
2 0 1

Hi @adventurebook 

I have the same problem as you, but I am not building any feature. Just wanted to know more and inform that you are not the only one who needs this kind of feature. 

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1122 101 252

Hi @adventurebook,

I can appreciate your frustration with this, for sure. When I spoke to our taxes team and submitted your feedback it looked like other EU merchants had reached out about this, so the issue has been documented and hopefully it's something that'll be looked at in future.

In terms of what you can do now, you'll have the option to refund customers part of their order if they have overpaid—this can't be done on a bulk level, but you'll be able to reimburse the customer for each order where this is the case.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes