Invoice for Shopify Payment Charges?

Solved
Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

Hi there,

I was wondering where I can see/download the invoice for the charges that Shopify Payments charges me. I am aware of the invoices we can get from the Billing section, but these invoices does not include the expense I have from using Shopify Payments. 

Example: I sell for €100,- on the store and I use Shopify payments. Shopify charges me a % fee for the transaction and send me (let's say for example) €95,-. 

A fee is deducted for each sale I do, and this sums up to quite a bit over a month. I need an invoice for these fees. They are not charged to my card, they are deducted from the payments you send me. 

By the way, I have seen the section where I can download the list of fees that I pay, but I am looking for an invoice for these fees? 

Hope this makes sense and hope you can help. 

Thanks,

Ivar

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

Me again... I found it... these invoices can be found here under the "Documents" link in the Payout section

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 15.21.00.png

View solution in original post

Replies 44 (44)
Warren_Alsop
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Ivar,

The payments fees can be found in your Payment Providers section. To get there:

- click 'Settings'
- click 'Payment Providers'
- click 'View payouts'

You will be taken to a page which gives you a list of the payouts Shopify will be have sent to your bank account each day. You can then click on any particular date and it will give you a breakdown of the payments and fees. You can then export this data.

If you have an online accounting system - e.g. QuickBooks - it is possible to have this information automatically uploaded from Shopify and fed into your account system each day, thus saving you the time, manually recording these fees.

Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

Hi there,

Thank you, I know this.. I need an invoice for these fees? 

Warren_Alsop
Tourist
5 0 1

Shopify does not provide a separate invoice for these fees.

Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

So... they charge me money for a service and are not able to give me an invoice? 

Jason
Shopify Expert
10438 167 2081

If you're hoping to understand your bill a little better there is this page:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/charges

Is there something missing in that you're needing?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.
Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.
★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

Here is my problem... my accountant need an VAT invoice for the service that "Shopify Payments" are providing. They charge me a fee for each transaction (this is fine), but I need an invoice for these fees... these fees are not included in the regular invoice that we get in the admin panel  (Settings > Billing)

So basically, from what I can see (please correct me if I am wrong) I am charged with a fee, and Shopify can not give me an invoice for these fees. That is a problem for me.. 

Hope to get some help.

Ivar

Ivar1
Tourist
10 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

Me again... I found it... these invoices can be found here under the "Documents" link in the Payout section

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 15.21.00.png

View solution in original post

Warren_Alsop
Tourist
5 0 1
Glad you found what you were looking for.
eCommAccountant
Explorer
71 1 11

You get these details by orders from the Shopify reports they provide.