amanda-balega
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks very much

0 Likes
TESS_OXFORD
2 0 3

Hello everyone, 

Has there been any update on this from Shopify? 

I am finding it really odd that Shopify are not providing a VAT invoice for the transaction fees. Looks like an ongoing issue - does anyone know how accountants deal with that on the VAT returns?

I know that in principle the VAT on these fees (0%) will be subject to the reverse charge mechanism on the VAT return, however HMRC requires to have a record of the invoice for the fees as part of the return. What people are doing on the VAT returns: do they omit these completely from the return or include it as a reverse charge and risking not having the required records. 

Bottom line is that it doesn't make any difference on how much much we pay to HMRC, its more to make sure we are compliant with HMRC rules. 

@ncauwenberghs wrote:

This seems like a basic accounting necessity and I am therefore really surprised that it is not readily available.

I just had a lengthy chat with support asking them about this and also linking to this thread. They concluded that they will look a little bit more in detail into this. I really hope they do and will keep you posted.

Giedre
Tourist
9 0 5

Has anyone found a solution to this? 

We also need an invoice with our legal and VAT information on it, in order to be able to present our accounts, and it seems to be an issue for all companies. 

Giedre
Tourist
9 0 5

UPDATE:

It is possible to download the invoices in the documents section, as some have mentioned above, but only if the owner of the store enters the Payout section > Actions > Documents. As a store manager, but not the owner of the Shopify account, I was not able to see that option.

However, the fees on the invoice do not coincide with the fees that can be downloaded in the payout section. I'm going to open a conversation with Shopify help on this, as this is ridiculous.. 

0 Likes
Steve_Optix
Excursionist
20 0 11

Hi  ,

I'm not sure where you're seeing this. I'm the store owner and I've gone to Settings > Payments > View Payouts but all I can see is a page of the daily fees and the options to export payouts. There's no mention of Actions or Documents?

Like yourself we are desperate for Shopify to sort these invocies so we can account properly.

Giedre
Tourist
9 0 5

This sounds really random.. it seems that some of us can see it and some don't. I can't see it myself, but my show owner was able to see it where I marked it in the Payouts section in the screenshot below. When he clicked on "Actions" it opened up a dropdown menu that had two options: Export or Documents. 

actions.JPG

Steve_Optix
Excursionist
20 0 11

I'm the store owner though and have never seen a dropdown box for actiosn in this area?

It seems it may have been a brief flirtation with the option by Shopify?

0 Likes
Giedre
Tourist
9 0 5

I'm going to ask the shop owner to do a screenshot, we were able to download it just 30 minutes ago from his account. However, the numbers are not the same we can see in the payouts section, so still not sure what to do with it.. Shopify help is now checking it out and promised to get back to us. 

Steve_Optix
Excursionist
20 0 11

Fantastic, thank you

Good luck with Shopify

0 Likes
Giedre
Tourist
9 0 5

Here it is. Hope that helps!

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 13.17.17.png

0 Likes