Need to Updated 1099k- No one seems to want to help me

unofficialswim
2 0 0

Hi

I have contacted multiple times the support team to get the tax team to updated my 1099k information (since it has my personal information instead of my LLC information) and I haven't had any luck. My first call was May 13, (2 1/2 moth ago) and every time I call they say there is a ticket but the Tax Team is really busy. I feel I have been extremely patient but at this point, I'm truly disappointed that no one has reached out to resolve this. 

On my last call I explained that I had to do a Tax Extension for my business to avoid getting any penalty from the IRS and I mentioned that I needed to submit them by August to avoid any further penalty. The support team mentioned talking to an accountant, which I did and he said I could submit the information how it is but I could get a fine or a penalty if it's not correct. 

I understand if I was calling 1-2 weeks before my deadline, but 2 1/2 months with no response from the Tax Team to resolve this issue is really frustrating. 

Can someone please truly help me with this issue? Or I there a way I can update that information myself? 

Thank you 

0 Likes
jzhangblue
2 0 0

I have almost the same issue with you, just I have been trying to contact customer support since January for three times. It's not being handled yet. To change a 1099k for the pas year, I understand it might be difficult since it's has already been reported to IRS. What I want to change is for the current year so by the end of the year they will have a correct 1099k. But even that I have been waiting for 8 months and nobody helps.

0 Likes
Khyber
2 0 0

Our business has this same issue as well. Updating the 1099-k form. I’ve had a ticket since March with zero updates. Definitely frustrating. 

0 Likes
KD23
3 0 0

Yes, I have the same issue and no one helped me. I set up my store with personal tax information, and now I want to update the legal information in Shopify payment to LLC. I have been in contact with the shopify support team since July. It's 2 months now, and my ticket is still pending... I'm really disappointed about it.

0 Likes