Why is eBay not calculating GST correctly in my Shopify store?

RegarAustralia
5 0 0

I have tax configured correctly at 10% GST in Shopify. When a customer orders through the website, it calculates the 10% GST correctly... however I have eBay linked to my Shopify store... and whenever there is an eBay transaction fed back to Shopify, it is collecting the full payment amount without tax and recording the transaction as Tax Free. This is a major problem and there are about 180 sales affected.

Any advise would be very helpful as I am not sure what to do.

Replies 4 (4)

imprevu
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you get a solution to this? I have just seen this happen on our account

RegarAustralia
5 0 0

Only solution I could find was to use third party software (A2X) and pay for it.

iGaming
Visitor
1 0 0

I am only just setting up our Ebay through shopify and have run into this problem. Our prices on ebay account for 10% GST but ebay is not able to recognize any tax on the purchase and it is a problem when it integrates with the rest of the sales in our system. 

RegarAustralia
5 0 0

It's a big problem and unfortunately the only solution I got in the end was to use A2X (plug-in you need to pay for) and manually configure tax settings. A2X has been really good and I am pretty happy with it but it is a problem I hadnt budgeted for and had to spend money every month to fix.