Why aren't Shopify payments working in test mode anymore?

saso
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey, I noticed that from yesterday on (2020-01-07), Shopify payments are not working anymore while running on test mode. Since all transactions are simulated why there is a need for verification? It was working for several months using test mode, but now it is not working anymore.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 16.33.43.png

Replies 6 (6)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @saso,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, are you using the recommend digits for transactions in test mode listed here?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saso
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey @Victor , I cannot even access payment as this notice occurs right after clicking on Continue to payment: "This store can’t accept payments right now.

saso
Tourist
6 0 0

Is there any workaround to use Shopify payments in test mode without needing to enter full business details since all transactions are simulated?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @saso,

The gateway would need to be fully activated, which includes entering in your details, in order for test mode to work correctly. Have you done this yet? Can you tell me what plan your store is on?

Kind regards,

saso
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey @Victor, it appears that Shopify reverted this change, so now the Shopify payments can be processed in test mode even without the completed account setup (the same as it was working before).

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 13.34.01.pngScreenshot 2021-01-13 at 13.34.25.png

I am really glad about this revert! 

----

Also if the account settings are completed and not verified, the test mode is now still working as expected. (I am referring to the below notice)

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 13.13.31.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @saso,

Thank you for clarifying this; I had checked my own test store yesterday, where I do not have the gateway fully activated, and the option to enable test mode was not present. To confirm, are you now able to process test payments through Shopify Payments?

Kind regards,