Taxes in the Philippines

Albert_Soriaga
1 0 0

I'm a bi tnew in shopify and still learning. I would like to know how to handle taxes specific in the Philippines? Do I need to register my business and get a business permit? Do I include the taxes in the price or not? Thank you.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3993 388 802

Hi Albert, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question, taxes can be difficult on the best of days. Let's answer your questions below:

1. To handle taxes in the Philippines, I would suggest reaching out to an accountant or your local tax office to find out what taxes you need to charge for your country. It is different in every country and the professionals would know best. 
  2. Again this would all depend on what country you are in and how things are run there, but from experience with other countries, it is probably the best thing to do here. 
  3. Regarding setting up taxes in the price, that is something which is completely up to you, and you have the option to do this in your tax settings within Shopify

There is also a very helpful guide going through all things about your taxes which you can find by clicking here

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to reach out should you have any other questions. 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes