When will the 1099K forms be sent out?

BossMommy
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello, I was wondering when will the 1099k forms be sent out? It’s January 9, still no forms. 

Replies 5 (5)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Hi there, @BossMommy. Thanks for taking the time to post your question in the Shopify Community! My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you! I'm happy to take a few moments to chat with you about your question.

1099K forms are usually made available to merchants around the end of January or early February, so we're a bit a head of schedule here in terms of expecting them! I recommend that you keep your eye on your Email Inbox for any messages from us to let you know that your forms are available to access. If the end of January rolls around and you've yet to receive this email, follow up with me here and we'll look into things!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BossMommy
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello, it’s mid February and still no update or 1099k form yet. Was there an extension? When will I be getting mines?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Hi there, @BossMommy! Thanks for following up with us here! I hope you've been well since the last time you've reached out to us in the Community!

Thanks for the heads-up that you haven't received your 1099K form yet. I did some digging internally and it looks like we hope to have forms to all folks who qualify by the end of February 2024. So there's still a bit of time for your form to be made available to you. If you wanted to look in your admin now to see if it's visible, you can go to 'documents' tab in your Shopify Payments Payout page, and see if the form is present.

If you're worrying about qualifying for the form, I can provide you with insights into how someone qualifies for it via Shopify. Shopify relies on the state and federal requirements for businesses to qualify for these forms. So in most situations, you would be looking at over 20k USD processed via Shopify Payments/Shop Pay Instalments, and over 200 transactions in the Calendar year to qualify. Some states have updated their requirements for businesses to qualify these forms, so if February goes by and you still haven't received a form and you believe that you should have, I invite you to follow up with me here and let me know!

BossMommy
Shopify Partner
3 0 0
Yes I qualify then, just waiting on the forms to be released.
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Sounds good, @BossMommy!

In that case, you'll just want to keep an eye on your email for now so you can make sure you catch that email as it comes in! If the end of February comes by and you haven't received that email, feel free to follow up with me here so we can lend a hand!