Why can't my store address be used for shipping orders?

Payc
Visitor
1 0 0

HelIo! I placed an order using my store address which is also my physical address, and it said my order cannot be shipped to the selected address. Can anyone help with that?

Reply 1 (1)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 154

Hi, @Payc !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

There could be a number of reasons why you're seeing that message which is unrelated to the actual address in question. If there is something set up incorrectly in your Shipping settings, the carrier rates will not be able to work properly and that generic message will appear. 

Assuming you are using Shopify Shipping and/or calculated rates, here are some of the main causes you can review:

• Unsupported default package setup: some carriers do not accept certain box or envelope sizes. Try looking through the list of packages from that specific carrier to see if your default package matches. Head to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Shopify Shipping > Calculate shipping rates to use our calculator based on package sizes. If you cannot input the dimensions you have set as default, it means it's not supported by the carrier.

04-49-6icsg-o4go1

• Incorrect account information linked to the carrier: if you have a carrier specific account with discounted rates connected to your store, you will want to make sure there are no errors both on Shopify's side and from your carrier login account. 
  • Shipping settings linked to the product in the cart: you'll need to make sure that all the products you have in your cart have "requires shipping" enabled in their product settings:

04-56-42gs4-tmld8

If your shipping strategy is based on flat rates, please let me know whether you have it done by weight or price and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog