Why did my online store account change overnight?

Konstantin4
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

One night i was working on my store and when i finished my work i saved all the changes i made and today i was planning to continue with the work and when i logged in my profile i was in complete new account. Is this happened to someone else and can give me some suggestions how i can fixed it ( i also paid my monthly tax, if it can help)?

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hi, @Konstantin4.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you may have accidentally created a second account and the original account should still be available. If you're using the same email for both stores, then you should be able to switch stores when you sign in. You can also try resetting your password if you're having issues logging into your original store. 

If you're unable to log back into your original store, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log into your account to create a support request. 

I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community! Once you've resolved this issue, I'd love to hear more about your business and share some resources to help you get started!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Konstantin4
Visitor
2 0 0

When i logged in there is only one store. 

I paid the monthly tax before this happened.

Is there anything i can do to stop the Payment process and i will start working on the new account

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Konstantin4.

Thank you for following up.

Since you mention paying the monthly tax before this happened, then it's possible that your original store is already on an active subscription. As a result, you'll want to recover the original account in order to continue working on your store, or so that you can cancel the subscription before moving forward with a new account.

If you're unable to locate/access the original account, then we'll need you to reach out to us through the Shopify Help Center as previously mentioned. From there, we'll be able to authenticate your account(s) and help you recover the original account, or cancel the subscription so you can continue with the new account.

We look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog