FROM CACHE - en_header

Meet your local community manager Julian.

NZ_Shopify_Guy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 0 193

Kia ora, everyone!

My name is Julian, and I am the Community Manager for Shopify in New Zealand. I am also a small business owner, and I have been for 20+ years. I love the entrepreneurial journey and the fact that I can create something other people want to buy still blows my mind every time I hear that "cha-ching sound on my phone".

I have been using Shopify for my own business since 2012. My role as the Community Manager is about helping small business owners get the most they can out of our platform. For me, a typical day is meeting with fellow business owners, facilitating and hosting educational webinars and workshops. I have a style of facilitation that can only really be called “positively blunt.” I am known for sharing real-world, tangible, proven techniques, systems and roadmaps that business owners can take away and utilise on their businesses. I have deep empathy for the juggling act you are undertaking as I am in there with you being a business owner.

When I started my Shopify journey, it would have been amazing having someone like me to lean on. So without sounding corny, lean on me, especially in this group.

Listening | Understanding | Making it happen
Replies 10 (10)
KEC
1 0 1

No Aussie group.  Can I be an honorary Kiwi? (I'd live in Nelson if I could). 😄

NZ_Shopify_Guy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 0 193

Hey KEC, Great question. I am sure an Aussie group will be starting soon. Right now though you can totally be an honorary Kiwi. I am based in Auckland but I totally agree with you. Nelson is in my top 3. 

My where I want to live in NZ list is: 

1. Ngunguru

2. Dunedin

3. Nelson

Welcome to our community!

MattMalcolm
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Thanks Julian and great to meet!

Founder & Managing Partner
// Gallantway.com.au // Sign Up for Weekly Insights
AnnetteC
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Julian,

Nice to "meet" you. I'm not new to business, but new to Shopify. I'm just about finished setting my products up, but I am going to hire an expert to help with some of the trickier bits to do with delivery etc. I haven't been able to find a way to connect with someone based in NZ which is what I'd ideally like to do. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Annette

Joe & Joy Eatery

Till_Man
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hi Annette

I am sure that Julian will come back with suggestions, but if you need any assistance with the shopify pos side of things, I live in Waikanae so feel free to get in touch.  Although I'm not an expert on the shopify setup side of things, I do know a lot about hardware and shopify pos.
My website is www.tillman.co.nz

Thanks

Leigh

AnnetteC
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Leigh, we don't use Shopify POS but thanks for the offer 🙂

Alison_Hollier
Tourist
9 0 3

HI Annette

Im currently working with a developer in Australia who is really good - not too much difference in tie zones. Let me know if you want his contact.

Thanks

Alison

AnnetteC
Tourist
4 0 1

That would be great thanks! My email is hello@joeandjoy.co.nz.

thecrystalpoint
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello!  I am from Hamilton and we have been using Shopify for a year and a half.  Interested in any tips.  We have website and use shopify instore through vend.

NZ_Shopify_Guy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 0 193

Hey Crystal Point, I googled you and just want to confirm you are https://www.thecrystalpoint.nz/

let me know and can give you a few ideas...

JB

About Group
Grouphub Avatar

This is the place where you will find all relevant information about future events and education specific to Shopify Merchants in Aotearoa / New Zealand. A place where Shopify merchants learn from and support each other.

Group Admin

shopify staff NZ_Shopify_Guy

Shopify Staff