How can I create wholesale accounts for my customers?

Muhita12
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there!

Is there a way I can create wholesale accounts with usernames and passwords for my customers instead of them creating an account? I would like to assign them a login username & password for my wholesale page.

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Muhita12.

When it comes to creating customer accounts and their login details, which includes usernames and passwords, customers would normally have to create their account themselves. There isn't a way natively on Shopify at this stage for store owners to create a customer's username and password on their behalf.

Do you already have a wholesale section on your store?

If not, and if you're on a non-Plus plan for your store, you can look into one of the third-party wholesale apps that's available on our Shopify App store here. I haven't been able to find one myself, but one of those apps may also help you to create a customer's login details from within the app. Just a note however that these apps are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

Was there a particular reason that you're wanting to assign customers with a username and password from your end, rather than for the customers to create one themselves?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Yes, let the customers create their usernames and passwords.

DAW01
Shopify Partner
13 0 5

@Muhita12 

This is possible even without apps, but you will need to do change some code.

Do you have to have a retail and wholesale store or only wholesale?

You will need to change the code in your theme for the signup button. It should direct your users to a page that inform them to contact you for an account. Make sure you change the codes of all the signup buttons.

They will then only be able to login.

Then from your Shopify backend go to customers and then add new customer.

Enter their detail and save, they should then receive an email confirming the account and requesting them to create a password.

You can also hide the product prices and add to cart options if they are not logged in.

Anything is possible, it just takes work to get there