How can I receive instant payments in dropshipping to pay the manufacturer?

FasholyFly
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I am doing Dropshipping, How do I get the money as soon as the customer buys so I can pay the manufacturer 

Replies 2 (2)

magecomp
Shopify Partner
264 20 31

Hello @FasholyFly 

In a dropshipping business model, you can receive payment from the customer at the time of purchase, and then use the funds to pay your supplier/manufacturer after deducting your profit margin. Here are the steps you can follow to get the money as soon as the customer buys:

1. Set up a payment gateway on your Shopify store: You can choose a payment gateway that is available in your country and is compatible with Shopify. Some popular options include PayPal, Stripe, and Shopify Payments.

2. Configure your payment settings: Once you have set up your payment gateway, you will need to configure your payment settings in Shopify. You can choose when you want to capture payment from your customers - either immediately or after a delay. For dropshipping, it is recommended to capture payment immediately so you can use the funds to pay your supplier.

3. Place orders with your supplier: After you receive an order from a customer, you will need to place an order with your supplier. You can use an app like Oberlo to import products from AliExpress and place orders automatically.

4. Pay your supplier: You can use the payment you received from the customer to pay your supplier. Make sure to deduct your profit margin before paying your supplier.

5. Track your expenses: It is important to keep track of your expenses and revenue to ensure that you are making a profit. You can use accounting software or a spreadsheet to track your expenses and revenue.

By following these steps, you can receive payment from your customers as soon as they buy and use the funds to pay your supplier/manufacturer.

Helping voluntarily. Please like and accept the solution if it helps. Thanks!
Our Bestseller Shopify Apps    |      Mobile App Builder by MageComp    |      Limit Qty Purchase

Need a developer?  Just visit MageComp website

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @FasholyFly

The standard dropshipping process is that when you receive the money from the customer, you can place the order with the supplier. How quickly you receive that money depends on what payment gateway or method you are using. 

For example, if a customer is paying by credit card, there will likely be a wait of a day or two before you receive the payout, but this depends on the payment gateway as well. The length of time between the date that a customer's payment is captured and the date that your payout is sent to your bank account also depends on the country in which your store operates.

Usually, it helps to include wait and processing times in your store policies so as to manage customer expectations. 

What are you selling and is this your first order? If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out our Dropshipping 101 course on our Academy, as well as our Intro to Dropshipping. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.