How do I find products to sell on my new online store?

SarahAlison
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, I'm new to shopify. I want to know how to find products to sell on my store.

Where are the suppliers or do I need to go outside of shopify to find what I want to sell?

Replies 5 (5)

Dico1
Tourist
7 0 2

Their are many ways to get product to your shopify store we have AliExpress etcClick on this to read more 

banned

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hi @SarahAlison 

Are you looking to start dropshipping or wholesale at shopify? 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @SarahAlison.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm excited to hear that you're thinking about what products to sell in your store. I'm happy to provide some suggestions. 

To gather more context, did you have any particular type of products in mind? Are you looking for a manufacturer for custom products specifically? Typically, merchants will either find a manufacturer, a wholesale supplier, or partner with a dropshipper. 

For now, I will focus on the dropshipping business model, as it allows you to start an online business and sell products without having to purchase the stock before the customer makes a purchase! When you dropship, your customer will make a purchase on your storefront and in turn, the product is purchased from the third party and shipped directly to your customer. This is a great strategy for eliminating the initial cost of inventory before your products have started selling. 

Oberlo is one of our merchant's favorite dropshipping options! It is one of the easiest dropshipping processes for Shopify stores. When a customer buys something in your store, Oberlo fulfills the order automatically. All you have to do is double-check that the order details are correct before placing the order. The product then ships from the dropshipping supplier to the customer, no matter where they are in the world. Feel free to learn more here: What is Dropshipping? 

Another popular option is to use a Print-On-Demand service. This is similar to dropshipping as it is a fulfillment model where you don’t hold your own inventory. However, with print-on-demand options, you can customize your products with your own images, text, logos, etc. In this article, Top 10 Print-on-Demand Companies, you will find a list of sites that are free to start with and require you to pay only for the cost of the product and shipping after someone has placed an order. 

If you have any questions, please let me know! I will look forward to hearing back from you regarding the type of products you are hoping to sell. 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @SarahAlison.

Just checking in with you here to ensure you receive all the support you may need. Please don't hesitate to reach back out with questions.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lena_Parker
Tourist
14 0 1

The B2B platform is very suitable for you to find a variety of products to sell, and it can help you grasp the market dynamics and fashionable products in time. Given that you are new to shopify, you can start off with a dropshipping business.