How to showcase inventory quantity and metafields in Shopify Plus wholesale channel?

Simeon_Lucie
Visitor
3 0 5

Hi,

We are new to Shopify Plus, and one of the main reasons we adapted it was because of the wholesale channel. It is however way more limited than i thought – I was aware that it has it limits, but some of its limitations almost makes it unusable for our business.

A feature that we would very much like to see is the implementation of metafields and a way to showcase inventory quantity. We would like to offer back-orders to our customers, why we have enabled out-of-stock items. But if the out-of-stock option is activated, it is not possible to visually show, that the product is out of stock – showcasing low stock would also be great!

Maybe I have overlooked something, but the implementation of these features would be highly appreciated! 🙂

Thanks,

Simeon

Replies 2 (2)

JeffMackDesigns
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey Simeon,

We have experienced quite a few shortcomings when it comes to Shopify Plus Wholesale. The good news is that they are working on beefing up the wholesale side of the back end so we have more options when offering wholesale to our customers. One potential option would be to check off the "Allow purchase when out of stock" option. That may solve the issue you are having short term until they upgrade the wholesale channel.

Simeon_Lucie
Visitor
3 0 5

Thank you for you response! I'm looking forward to the upgrades 🙂

We have the option on already, it was more for the customer to see whether or not the product is sold out or the inventory level – and the dream scenario would be to communicate an estimated delivery time. But for now the first request would be amazing!