Broken Images, CDN, and 404 Errors

Elunajewelry
4 0 0

Let me start off my saying that I am not a full time web designer. I can understand enough, but I am by no means a coder. 

Recently I began working on my SEO, and as part of that I have been using a web auditor to look at any issues with my site. 

What concerns me is the large number of 404 errors (these are all cdn.shopify.com) and the large number of broken images listed in the audit (again cdn.shopify.com)

I do not see any pictures that are not displayed correctly, but appearently I have links to these in the code. How do I clean this up?

I can not figure out how to load the image onto this post, but here is a link where I loaded the screenshot onto flicker with the info. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/elunajewelry/Z795N1

Help is much appreciated. 

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
145 0 36

Can you widen your Image and URL columns so we can see what the links are?

In general, CDN files can change their filenames sometimes, but you should only be linking to the non-CDN files if you make hardcoded links to them.

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Elunajewelry
4 0 0

I think this is what you were asking for. 

I am not sure how I am linking to the CDN files. The images that appear to be CDN are my product pictures. 

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
145 0 36

If it's just your product pictures, don't worry about it.  The software you are using is trying too hard.  You don't have any broken graphics that I can see.

0 Likes
Elunajewelry
4 0 0

So this will not mess up my SEO? 

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
145 0 36

The best way to test your seo is to use Google's webmaster tools to crawl your site and find errors.

It will usually tell you if there are things that will affect your ranking on Google.

The tool you are using may not be using the same mechanism as Google.

0 Likes