FROM CACHE - en_header

Bulk upload of products to GMB (Google My Business) from Shopify

Carlo_Crighton
Shopify Partner
42 0 28

Hi, has anyone identified an app/service/solution/workaround for bulk product uploads?

From what i read GMB prevents you from bulk uploads, permitting you only to do it manually one product at a time. [Some posts i read elsewhere indicate it is available to anyone registered on GMB before (date unknown) 2019].

I have looked and Zapier plus a few other niche, api services highlight it as one of their features but in reality no one is able to offer this exact functionality.

Replies 14 (14)
deep219
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi, 
I can help you out with that. How many products do you have? 

I can get it done manually at very low cost. 

KieranR
Shopify Partner
310 25 105

Nothing I've seen. I'd expect that at some point Google will allow local GMC stock feeds to provide this data.

Until then it's either:

• Pick your top selling and/or searched for products and put those in.
  • Or spec a job on Upwork and get someone to manually do it for you, for each store location.
Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
569 22 62

Hi @Carlo_Crighton 

At this time that feature does not exist. It means that you can not bulk upload your products to GMB. Screenshot (19).png

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Carlo_Crighton
Shopify Partner
42 0 28

deep219, would you like to DM me with info on your services? Thx

Carlo_Crighton
Shopify Partner
42 0 28

Thanks Edward, i did preface my original post with ''.......GMB prevents you from bulk uploads''.

KOLOnline
1 0 0

Hello,

I have about 200 products, how much would it be from you? and if product prices change, does it have to be updated manually and if so do you do that?

puneet_unbundl
Shopify Partner
37 3 11

Hi,

You can use Shopify's Google Sale Channel. Add the channel and link your products with your Google Merchant Centre. 

And link your Google Merchant Centre with your Google My Business Pages. 

Turn on the Free Local Listing in Merchant Centre. You are good to go.

KieranR
Shopify Partner
310 25 105

@puneet_unbundl could be wrong, but I thought that linking is for linking locations for local inventory ads, not for syncing Shopify products into Google My Business.

puneet_unbundl
Shopify Partner
37 3 11

Hi ,

I get this option in my GMC to link my product feed to GMB. The program might not be available in all the countries. It is available in AE, AR, AT, AU, BE, BR, CA, CH, CZ, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GB, ID, IL, IN, IT, JP, MX, NL, NO, NZ, PL, PT, RU, SE, SG, TR, TW, US

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 11.27.09 AM.png

KieranR
Shopify Partner
310 25 105

Yeah used that a few times, I thought free product listings in GMC are not the same as local products in GMB though? Where in the menu do you see the option to link the two, I haven't seen that before?

puneet_unbundl
Shopify Partner
37 3 11

Go to Growth > Manage Programs > Free local product listings

Choose continue or Enable as per the option you can see

KieranR
Shopify Partner
310 25 105

Ahh right, are you referring to this? https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/9825611?hl=en

So you need to have a local inventory feed configured for the "Free local product listings" tile to show up? I only see "Free product listings" in compatible geos, documentation above doesn't explicitly specify this requirement, if there is one.

Eg: 

KieranR_2-1626805319850.png

Where do the products actually show in SERPs - does this just pull through to the Shopping tab and help to show local inventory features?

Do the products synced through local inventory feeds, actually get into the GMB panel too, and work the same  as if you manually published some products in GMB? 

Example of products within a GMB panel:

KieranR_4-1626805613346.png

Carlo_Crighton
Shopify Partner
42 0 28

Hi @KieranR I can see the program referred to by @puneet_unbundl in GMC and NZ is one of the countries its available in. Unfort., IRL is not supported. Typical Google with their European HQ here and 5k+ staff 😞 

GMC-freelocalproductlistings.jpg

KieranR
Shopify Partner
310 25 105

Yeah but what I'm trying to understand is if the Free Local Product listings via GMC are functionally the same and have the same SERP output as GMB "add a product". Or not?

I've got a few geos that are in-zone maybe so worth a test to understand how it actually works first hand, as I feel as though they are two entirely different things, with GMB products showing in the local GMB tile - eg: 

KieranR_0-1627412849518.png

Do GMC added local inventory feed products get displayed in ^ that location, or do they only show in Shopping tab results, or both SERP locations? There are not too many examples in the wild or much documentation out there to clarify how this works in practice.