Can we schedule automated emails for specific times after cart abandonment?

BSRucker
Visitor
1 0 0

I was wondering if it's possible to create an automation where if someone abandons a cart or checkout, then you can send an email to them on a specific day. So let's say someone abandons a cart but instead of send an email after a certain amount of hours it sends lets say... at 4pm friday.

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hi @BSRucker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with abandoned checkouts, to ensure this gets resolved. 

As it currently stands, abandoned checkouts do have some customization capabilities. There are 4 time intervals you can select from, where the notification will automatically be sent customers. 

To change this, you can:

• Head to Settings > Checkout, from the Shopify admin. 
  • In the Abandoned checkouts section, check Automatically send abandoned checkout emails.
  • Under Send to, choose who you want to send a checkout recovery email to:
    • Anyone who abandons a checkout
    • Email subscribers who abandon a checkout
  • Under Send after, select the number of hours that Shopify should wait before sending the abandoned checkout email:
    • Never. You can still manually send an email to customers.
    • 1 hour later
    • 6 hours later
    • 10 hours later (default)
    • 24 hours later
  • Click Save.

For more information on abandoned checkouts, you can refer to our Recovering Abandoned Checkouts documentation as it touches on this further. 

Alternatively, you can look into adding an app from the Shopify App Store that may allow for further customization capabilities. For ease, I've gone ahead and made a few suggestions below that you can look into:

Additionally, I'd recommend getting in touch with the app developers directly. They will be able to provide clarification on an app's capabilities and confirm whether or not the app will fit your shop's needs. To get in contact with an app developer, you can head to the Shopify App Store and select Support > Send A Message

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog