Facebook and Google Ads do not appear in reports

denn1z
Tourist
13 0 4

Hello!

We're running Facebook and Google Ads campaigns with UTMs, but don't see them in Shopify reports (e.g. report "Sessions attributed to marketing" by UTM Campaign, or UTM Source). But we see data for campaigns running in other platforms (Braze, Klaviyo).

What can be a reason?

Replies 6 (6)

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @denn1z

Shopify Reporting feature is not really good at attribution so I'd suggest you set up Google Analytics to get the most accurate data - especially when you run ads on multiple platforms. 

Check out how to set up Google Analytics here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-analytics-setup 

Let me know if my answer is of any help, with a thumb up or like 😄 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Richard678
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks for sharing information this is useful and solve the error.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hi @denn1z , I believe it might not be possible with the native Shopify reports but It can be achieved through Google analytics. Report Pundit can fetch all the UTM details like Source metrics, Conversion metrics, Product metrics, Ad metrics, etc by integrating with Google analytics.

You have 14 days of free trial. Our live chat support experts will create reports for you instantly. Contact us at support@reportpundit.com

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @denn1z,

Have you tried using the BeProfit Profit Tracker app?

The app does a lot, but relative to your post:

We have an advanced feature that allows you to accurately attribute all of your UTMS. (Our support team will even help you attribute your UTMs if you have a lot)

The result is you'll be able to see:

• Amount spent
  • Number of clicks
  • Cost per click
  • ROAS
  • and Conversion rates
    ...for every ad platform, ad account, campaign, ad set, and per individual ad.

You really can drill all the way down into your data to get the most detailed insights possible.

As I mentioned, BeProfit does more than that. With this Shopify profit calculator, you'll be able to:

• Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback!

denn1z
Tourist
13 0 4

Thanks everyone,

The issue with Google ads was due to Google Merchant Center which overrides UTMs.

Solution described here: https://business.czarto.com/2020/09/21/sag_organic-product_sync-google-analytics/#comments

safetyglasses
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hi, While Google Ads can be considered to have active user intent, Facebook Ads are more passive. Facebook Ads are shown to users not actively searching for a specific product or service, but rather, ads will appear within a users' Newsfeed