Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce tracking

Nate_Racklyeft
1 0 2

We are migrating from traditional e-commerce tracking on GA to the new "Enhanced Ecommerce" tracking.
Google's documentation (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce#migratio...) states that "The Enhanced Ecommerce plug-in should not be used alongside the Ecommerce (ecommerce.js) plug-in for the same property."
According to http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/general/google-analytics#ecommerce-tracking, the standard Ecommerce calls are made automatically during checkout. 

To fulfill the requirements, we'd like to disable those automatic calls made by the shopify platform. Has anybody been able to do this?

Replies 83 (83)
Boni_Satani1
Tourist
49 0 3

@jordar - can you give me shout-out at boni@tatvic.com with your store url 

Look forward to your email.

Cheers!

We Just Launched Our App - "Actionable Google Analytics". Start Your 15 Days Free Trial Now!
Jordan_L
Trailblazer
216 1 110

Still looking for Shopify to respond to this. Been a Google feature for a while and I would like to take advantage of it for tracking and adword CPA optimizations.

AaronS
Shopify Staff (Retired)
111 0 7

Enhanced Ecommerce is currently a beta feature in Google Analytics, and so we are looking to support this once it is officially out of beta. I will update this thread once that happens, or if we do enable this prior to the end of beta.

Aaron | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Boni_Satani1
Tourist
49 0 3

Hey All, 

We are having a webinar on Enhanced Ecommerce Tomorrow (9th Sept. 11:00 AM PT/ 2 PM ET) and I am extremely happy to invite you.

Webinar will be presented by Mike Kwong & Snehal Thakkar of Google. Both the Speakers are the driving force behind the development of Enhanced Ecommerce. 

We are going to cover:

• Best Practices for Implementing Enhanced Ecommerce
  • Overview of Enhanced Ecommerce Reports
  • Analysis on Price Yield
  • How Coupons are impacting revenue & AOV of your online store

You can register here - http://tatvic.com/webinar/enhanced-ecommerce

See you at the Webinar!

Cheers!

Boni

We Just Launched Our App - "Actionable Google Analytics". Start Your 15 Days Free Trial Now!
Ivan_Nikolov
Tourist
4 0 2

I second Jordan's request!

SivaniDesigns.com
Joel_Drapper
Shopify Partner
71 0 4

Looks like it's out of beta now. Any update on this?

- Joel www.joeldrapper.com
Boni_Satani1
Tourist
49 0 3

@Joel - Nope its still in beta! 

Let me know if you need any professional help in implementing it.

Jordan_L
Trailblazer
216 1 110

I personally don't see anything on google end saying it's in beta.

Joel_Drapper
Shopify Partner
71 0 4

Me neither. I don't understand why Shopify won't support it. It's not likely that Google is going to decide that it was a silly idea to try to track additional eommerce information like when a customer adds an item to their cart, and remove the feature.

- Joel www.joeldrapper.com
Jordan_L
Trailblazer
216 1 110

No, they're moving in this direction and using the additional information for optimizing things like adwords. So IMHO, for those spending money on inbound marketing it's extremely important that this gets done.