How can I create a duplicate URL for affiliate marketing purposes?

How can I create a duplicate URL for affiliate marketing purposes?

RBrown
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

We are entering into a new deal with a marketing company that will become an affiliate and do radio and print ads. This would be a rev share for sales they generate. Because of the potential that his traffic might bypass him by coming to or back to our site and ordering directly from instead of clicking back on his link, he wants us to get a new URL that he will share with his customers only. He suggested putting something at the end of our domain for the second one.

Can anyone advise what it would take to have a second URL that would a duplicate of our existing store mostly? Would we have to have 2 domain names, 2 Shopify accounts? Would we need 2 merchant numbers? Would we need 2 Bold accounts to process the recurring orders?

Replies 3 (3)

Adkinsgirl74
4 0 0

RBROWN. No, absolutely do not double up on the same account, that will quickly become madness. Instead, do what every other affiliate site has done, create a referral link 🔗.  There is alot of choices out there that do this. Just Google, creating affiliate links for my business...

Mary J Dickinson
RBrown
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Thank you for the reply, this particular " affiliate will generate traffic from many different sources so a rereferral link might not capture all of his sales. My issue is being able to track in Shopify as the orders come in from radio, digital ads and others without using a discount code. I am working with a Shopify Pro now to perhaps create another url. Thank you for taking your time to respond to call for help. I sincerely appreciate it.

Adkinsgirl74
4 0 0

Well that is a bird of a totally different feather. If your doing radio.. the simpler the URL.. the better. I was also think of using pro for one of my Affiliated products.. please share any successes.

Mary J Dickinson