How can I duplicate a sent email campaign in Mailchimp?

How can I duplicate a sent email campaign in Mailchimp?

frisonipv
Visitor
1 0 1

how do I replicate a sent email campaign. Mailchimp allows you to copy a sent email and update it.

Replies 4 (4)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1690 177 280

Hi, @frisonipv!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

If you are using the Shopify Email app for your campaigns, then it is definitely possible to replicate a previously sent email and start a new campaign. Essentially, you will head over to the Shopify Email app, or click on Marketing > Campaigns > Create Campaign. From there, you will scroll down past Branded templates and select Previous emailsIf you are using a different platform for your email marketing, please let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how the emails could be replicated! 

While on this topic, we have a great guide that covers 20 Email Marketing Best Practices to Turn Campaigns Into Sales. I suggest checking that out as you'll be able to learn the ins and outs about creating and implementing an email marketing strategy. Kindly let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to continue our conversation further. 

Talk soon! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

just1jp
Visitor
1 0 0

I am following your instructions Mac and there is no longer an option to select "Previous emails". It only shows "Branded Templates". This is SUPER annoying because I just want to clone an email I created for one automation campaign and use it for several others. How is there not an easy way to do that? Do I have to create the same email multiple times?

Mac
Shopify Staff
1690 177 280

Hi again, @just1jp!

Thanks for getting back to me. 

At the moment, you can't save custom templates, but you should be able to use a previous email that you sent as a starting point. The option should appear when you create a new email activity and you will create a copy of a past email for you to use and edit as a separate draft.

Based on your screen recording, I can see that the Previous Emails section is not being displayed. Are you able to create and save a new template. Then, head on over to create a new campaign and see if the Previous Email section appears? It should look something like this:

Mac_0-1674511814200.png

Let me know how that goes!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Samfate
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello here is how you can replicate a sent email campaign on Mailchimp and also I can help you with it

1. Click Campaigns.
  2. Click All campaigns.
  3. Find the RSS parent of the child campaign you want to copy, and click Sent Campaigns.
  4. Click the drop-down menu of the child campaign you want to copy, and choose Replicate.

i hope this helps

always  available to help

mf