How to change the primary market country in the store settings?

Tony_chef
Excursionist
22 0 8

I can not find how to change the primary market in the shopify settings. When the store was created, the store was located in the United States. Now the US is the primary market. Now we need to change the country of the primary market, and transfer the United States to the status of an international one. But I don't see such a change in the settings.

Replies 2 (2)

Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

@Tony_chef , change store currency to the region which you want to set as the primary market. By changing store currency it'll automatically change the related region to primary based on your selected currency. Please follow the below steps to change store currency:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Store details.

2. In the Store Currency section, select your new store currency from the list. If you aren't able to select a new currency, then you need to contact Shopify Support to change your store currency.

3. Click Save.

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535
Hello @Tony_chef,

This is Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

As your cross-border selling strategy evolves, you have the ability to include or exclude countries or regions within your existing markets.

Steps to add a country or region to an existing market:

-> Go to Settings in your Shopify admin.
-> Click Markets.
-> Click on the "Manage" option next to the market where you wish to include an extra country or region.
-> Click Edit
-> Click Add countries/regions.
-> Look for the country or region you wish to include and mark the checkbox next to its name to add it.
-> Click Done
-> Click Save.

Steps to remove a country or region from an existing market:

-> Go to Settings in your Shopify admin.
-> Click Markets.
-> Click on the "Manage" option next to the market you want to remove a country or region from.
-> Click Edit.
-> Remove the countries or regions that you no longer want to sell to in this market.
-> Click Save.

You can refer to this guide on managing markets.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Gina
flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing