FROM CACHE - en_header

How to Run a Facebook Retargeting Campaign with Product Dynamic Ads

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi there

This year, Facebook released a new feature called “Facebook Dynamic Ads” that lets brands and retailers dynamically promote their products on Facebook, targeting the users who have already visited their website, but haven’t made a purchase.

How it works:

• A user visits your product page but doesn’t make a purchase
  • He/she goes to Facebook to check out their timeline
  • Facebook campaign re-engages the user with a dynamic ad encouraging them to come back to your website
  • The user returns to your website and makes a purchase

If you show interest in the new feature, Facebook will refer you to contact your developer to set up pixels or one of their Facebook Marketing Partners as setting up and managing Facebook Dynamic Ads is a challenging task that requires involvement of a developer and a good advertiser.

If you think it’s another Facebook Exchange feature available only to third-party developers… You’ll be wrong.

I've started Retargetapp, a Shopify app that lets store owners without tech skills launch Product Dynamic Advertising (retargeting campaigns) on Facebook.

With a 24/7 attention, we monitor each campaign’s performance and make sure to optimize its settings to let you get more clicks with less expenses. Retargetapp is trusted by hundreds of happy customers. Here’s what they say about the results they got from using our app: How to spend $50 on Facebook Dynamic Ads and earn $3.8k?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line in comments.

Pavel

Replies 41 (41)
Volodymyr_Vorob
2 0 2

Hi, Pavlo , nice app, thanx! Just started my campaign, I hope to share good results.

Auberjen
1 0 1

This is awesome Pavlo, thanks for taking the time to post this.

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi Auberjen

Thank you for feedback

I always appreciate any feedback and suggestions, so whether you’ve really dived in it or not, I am interested to hear your impressions so far. Any feedback you could provide will be much appreciated!
And of course, I am here to help if you have any questions.

Pavel

James_Ashenhurs
4 0 0

Thanks for this article Pavlo. I had one question. If we want to engage in remarketing, how do we have to update the privacy policy or terms of service on our website? Do you have any examples of privacy policies? 

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi James

I am not an expert in this area, but your remarketing ads will shows as one of the other millions ads on Facebook. I think this is Facebook terms responsibility, not yours.

Andrew_Goldie
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello,

Great post and app!! I have followed all the steps and the pixel tool is showing "pixal loaded susefull" on viewcart, content and so on but in the power editior the visitor number is staying at 0. The target option was people who have added to cart but not bought, we have had customers in this bracket do this action since I set everything up but still the reach stays at 0? Do you know any reasons on why this is happening? The website the pixels are installed are www.beeinspiredclothing.com any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi Andrew

Thank you for nice feedback and questions.

I sappose that your Product Catalog Sales campaign has "Active" status, You didn't mention that, so I think, Yes. 

In my own experience Facebook need  24- 50 hours in Avg. after reviewing your products  to build relevant audience and start  reaching users with ads.

But, if your website has up to 50 daily unique users, your audience will be building 5-7 days or even more and your campaign with "active" status, seems to be has 0 Impressions for this period.

If your audience is not so big, I recommend you to switch campaign into oCPC (recommended)  until your campaign will be reach 50-100 Impressions and than switch back to CPM.

Ask me if you need more help

Pavel

Emily_Smith1
1 0 0

Great post but we use Mamaya , which does all that automatically with just 2 clicks. It's like dynamic product ads on steroids!

Sherlyn_Tan
1 0 0

Nice work, Pavlo. Do you know how to auto-resize the images in the catalog to meet Facebook's size requirements?

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Facebook make auto-resizing as well. Can u send me a screenshot on how your products showing withn the ads? (preview)

*Please do it in app chat.

Thanx

Peter41
3 0 0

Nice Pavlo! 

Another app that can dynamically share your product images and descriptions on your facebook customer timelines is Popup Coupons, and it also links directly back to your shopify store. Cheap marketing for facebook!

Pete

Dfordesign_Admi
Tourist
5 0 1

What a great help, thank you! I have a question: In the advert set under Audience it creates a warning saying 'A pixel or app is required to retarget your advert. Associate pixel or app with your catalogue.' What have I done wrong? 

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi,

This message do not have any affect to your Ads, please do not pay attention on it. 

Feel free to ask any questions

You're welcome! 

Pavel

Dfordesign_Admi
Tourist
5 0 1

Okay great! Thank you for quick respons and this helpful article

dance_crazy
4 0 0

<FIXED - SORRY - My mistake was using the wrong IDs)

Initial question: Any reason why, when I choose install events, it doesn't seem to complete? The website is dancecrazy.com. It just stays at that screen, and the pixels are not loaded.

Carole_Rains
12 0 0

Excellent tutorial!!  I've set it up.  How long before I should expect to see data?  I've been running for a day and the campaign is active, but there hasn't been any spend on it.

Peter_Devlin
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

Nice Pavlo! 

Another app that can dynamically share your product images and descriptions on your facebook customer timelines is  Popup Coupons, and it also links directly back to your shopify store. Cheap marketing for facebook!

Pete

pavlomatvienko
Shopify Partner
40 0 11

Hi Carole

Facebook takes up to 24h on reviewing your product catalog and  It may take some time before your ads start running after reviewing.

- Pavel

Bill15
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello Pavlo -

Thank you very much for app! It was very difficult to work with the pixels to exclude recent customers before this app.

I have a question on dynamic ads though, they are not pulling all the info or the info contains HTML tags in it. Is there a post anywhere on how to fix this?

Bill