FROM CACHE - en_header

Is Social Stinger (socialstinger.com) a legit company?

besquare_concep
Shopify Expert
20 0 2

Hi all,

What do we know about Social Stinger, are they a legit company?

Have any store owner actually worked with them and their marketing services? Are they an official partner to SHopify as they claim?

www.socialstinger.com

Please share,

Filip

INFLUENCER MARKETING APP: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/influencer-marketing-app-442640
Replies 47 (47)
COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

Hi,

I just went through all of the "testimonials" on their site and I'm having a hard time trusting them (see reasons below). So, I replied to their initial email with the following and when, hopefully, I receive their reply, I will post it here:

"Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your email although I am struggling to find the highly “succesful” FB pages of some of the people in your “testimonials” to see examples of your work.

I seem to find only the FB pages of:

Also, I didn’t find any highly succesful websites from the ones that you have listed on your pages. Most of them are either non-existent or have a very low number of visitors/day. I even found one that was made by other developers (i.e. not Social Stinger) !

So, could you please help me with these discrepancies because I am having a really hard time verifying your claims ?

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to your reply,

With Kind Regards,

Helen"

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

BTW, I just found this as well and things don't look good at all (look at the last post on the page):

http://www.warriorforum.com/other-website-products-services/1022958-super-affiliate-authority-sites-...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
Jessica_Acuna
5 0 0

Safe yourself research time and just don't do it! I couldn't find anything legit about this company.

COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

For what it's worth, seven days have gone by since I sent them the email I mentioned above and I have no reaction from them whatsoever.

In addition, while searching around, I found more people  wondering if they are for real and, in the process, I realized that they have changed their brand and website altogether (I think it was about 2 years ago).

Another thing that shows me they should not be trusted is that, in their testimonials, there are no links leading to the websites and/or Facebook pages they claim to have setup. Interesting approach ....

The conclusions are yours ...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
besquare_concep
Shopify Expert
20 0 2

Few more googles;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/social-stinger/beverly-new-jersey-08010/social-stinger-scam-serv...

"Social Stinger were extremely aggressive and communicative when trying to win my business. As soon as I had transferred the money for their monthly $497 subscription, that's pretty much where the communication ended. They promised me 4 engagement posts per day on my Facebook page and up to 10 ads that would be thoroughly tested and optimized. I received none of that. They barely made a few posts here and there over the course of a month and set up 2 ad campaigns after continuous prompting. No testing or optimizing was done on the ads and they blew through hundreds of dollars on poorly written (I'm pretty sure they outsourced the text copy to the Philippines or India) and performing ads. They didn't even spellcheck their ads. I was doing a lot better on my own before Social Stinger. What's worse is I received no replies to over 5 emails, until I had finally had enough and asked for a cancellation and refund. At that point I finally got a response just to say they refuse to offer a refund, even though none of what they promised me materialized. This is an awful, money-grabbing, amateur organization. Stay away."

"Rocky" hasnt responded to any of my last 10 emails.

Edit: Now he responded after this post that his lawyer is going to go after me for posting this thread. Thoughts?

INFLUENCER MARKETING APP: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/influencer-marketing-app-442640
COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

I suppose he will have to prove first that what is mentioned in this thread is defamation (i.e. not true). In a Court of Law, he will have to present all his accounts and, hence, all the business owners who have written all those positive reviews on his site (with names, addresses, phones etc.). They will have to come in and testify as witnesses.

I'm guessing that, in the process, all the people who have paid but have not received the appropriate services will surface as well. So, it would be interesting to see how he will compensate all of them. And I'm guessing there are many of those who would very much like to get their money back (with interest ...).

Very interested to see how he can pull this one off ...

Failure to do any of the above has criminal implications as well ...

Oh, and at the end of this, he can also be ordered to pay for all your legal expenses as well ...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
besquare_concep
Shopify Expert
20 0 2

Well the funny thing in all that is though, I have still only asked a question and cited another reviewer... 🙂

And all I really want is still answers to my questions, which he still did nit reply in the same email, such as;

"Can you give me a couple of reference customers - actual stores you are working with and their Urls? Preferrably in the premium segment,

Also, you say you are a Shopify official partner, do you have a document saying that?

Furthermore I am extremely cautious to not see a contract before paying you. There is no serious business that can'ät provide that, so that makes us a bit suspicious.

I like your ideas, and I don't have a problem with your budget, but I need proof of legitimacy from your business."

COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

As I mentioned initially in this thread, I did extensive research on his claims and came across some rather worrying indications.

So, I wrote him an email (see further above in this thread for a copy of my email) asking him to explain the "discrepancies" between the 5-star reviews and the fact that I couldn't find anyone from the respective business owners who had a legit and/or succesful site/FB page.

I never got a response from him. That tells me all I want to know.

So, that makes two of us !

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
Tracey_Smart
4 0 0

Sadly I did not see this until it was too late.I ordered a website from this company and paid for one month of advertising.  Thegreenerycollective.com is that website.  For now it is still up and running with terrible product titles and descriptions as well as products that have been discontinued on Aliexpress.com and products people are not even talking about on Facebook.  There are spelling mistakes on almost every page.  They also screwed me on Facebook.  The Facebook fan page is done with as minimal amount of work as possible and when I gave them a $500 budget to advertise with they somehow ran $1150 worth of ads.  I now owe Facebook $500 and can not advertise until it is paid.  I have no money left.  I got a small loan to try and get a business up and running with the hope of getting off welfare.  Teo Vanyo and his cronies including Julius Diasanta and Lucy Potestas are dishonest.  I have emailed them several times but they have ignored me.  I am not sure what I should do.  I made a $30 sale from $1150 worth of advertising - $650 I did not authorize.  Please tell everyone to stay away from this company.  I am so sad right now.  I am not sure if I can continue to pay the shopify fees but I have to try something.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

Hi Tracey,

I'm sorry to hear that you are a victim of these scammers.

As far as they are concerned, you can write to Shopify and Facebook to see if they can block them out. They claim to have positive reviews on their site from Facebook members that are clearly not entrepreneurs and others who do not even exist on Facebook. They also claim to have created websites that don't exist.

You could, also, start a thread on the Shopify Forums asking for other people who have been conned by them to come forward. Then form a group and see if you can take any collective action against them. Do the same on Facebook (i.e. form a group)

Finally, make sure to blast out the fact that they are scammers on every available forum/social platform you can post. They can always change their name of course (they have already done this once) but, in the meantime, you will prevent a lot of other people from being victimized.

In terms of getting out of your situation right now, I would suggest the following:

1) Write to Shopify to explain your situation and ask for their help. If they cannot help you by deferring your subscription payments, you can always "pause" your site until you have finished setting it up and have the necessary funds to resume with its operation

2) Shopify is a platform designed to make it easy for everybody to setup their shop with all needed basic features. You don't need to pay anybody to set this up for you. Just sit down for a few days (up to a month) and do it yourself

3) If you want to continue down the "dropshipping" path, you can try one of the apps that are specifically built to integrate dropshipping into Shopify. To the best of my knowledge, the most widely used is "Oberlo" but have a look at the following Shopify page that lists all the relevant apps (Note: not all apps on this page are related - click on each one of them to see which ones are relevant and see which fits your needs best):

https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=dropship

4) Alternatively, if you are good with your hands and you like to create things, you can create a shop through which you will be able to sell your own stuff. If they are good, you will have a lot of advantages (uniqueness, not being dependent on third-party manufacturers, setting your own prices)

5) NEVER EVER HIRE SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE NOT RESEARCHED EXTREMELY THOROUGHLY FIRST. I understand your need to get out of the "welfare" situation but cutting corners, being hasty, going for the cheapest solution or not doing the necessary homework is the definitive path to disaster.

6) Don't be disheartened and never give up. There's always a way out of any situation. You just need to perservere. You have a lot of obstacles to overcome. Setting up an eshop is a very difficult thing and, on average, it takes a huge effort and more that 3 years for it to start paying off (if not more). Most people don't know this and start an eshop believing that they can make a quick buck. Obviously, within a year or so, they are disappointed and they give up. So, if you are not up for it, don't even go down this path. You will just waste your time and money. But if you do want to do this, make sure your are very patient, diligent and have faith in yourself

Hope this helps !!! All the Best with your efforts !!!

H.

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi guys,

My name is Teo Vanyo.

I'm the owner of Social Stinger.

I've been building this company and work 14-16 hour days in this business. 

Facebook and Shopify is not an easy business and we do not guarantee results. 

The results that we have shown on our testimonials page are all real. These are all real people who have had real results with our program. 

Unfortunately I had 2 of my customer support and main managers leave my company leaving everything a mess....

I'm running multiple businesses while supporting my family and the USA employees that I hire here and their families. It's definitely not an easy business (especially high volume businesses) but I do try my best to try to reply to everyone's emails / messages (doesn't also help with the added stress of a baby on the way) 🙂

You can find my Youtube channel here where I've helped countless hundreds of people with their Shopify stores and Facebook advertising : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5Gz5v0Tbxm_AXTDoyV0Mw

These are all real people who have worked very hard at their Shopify and Facebook business to get the success they're having right now.  I've helped over 2,000+ and maybe even more clients join Shopify and build up this great ecommerce business that we're all in.

Unfortunately, I cannot please everyone and those who have been upset I do truly apologize. We are trying our best to reach out to everyone. I even spend my own time interviewing individual clients and helping them with their shopify stores on a 1 on 1 basis.

Here's a student name Stony Ross who joined my program and because of his hard work, he was able to change his life working on his Shopify store : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz22M_5KMOg

Here's another student named Brandon who has made money with his Shopify store and even flew to New Jersey to meet me in person and thank me because of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KloMv5Us4

To those who have felt "scammed" .. please send me an email personally to teo@socialstinger.com

I'm not sure what kind of experiences you've had with my ex-employee Rocky, but I know that he didn't reply to emails for weeks while he was transitioning out of the job I provided him into his new job.  

Thank you,

Teo Vanyo

P.S. Be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel! I would love your feedback.

Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi guys,

My name is Teo Vanyo.

The results that we have shown on our testimonials page are all real. These are all real people who have had real results with our program. 

Unfortunately I had 2 of my customer support and main managers leave my company leaving everything a mess....

I'm running multiple businesses while supporting my family and the USA employees that I hire here and their families. It's definitely not an easy business (especially high volume businesses) but I do try my best to try to reply to everyone's emails / messages (doesn't also help with the added stress of a baby on the way) 🙂

You can find my Youtube channel here where I've helped countless hundreds of people with their Shopify stores and Facebook advertising : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5Gz5v0Tbxm_AXTDoyV0Mw

These are all real people who have worked very hard at their Shopify and Facebook business to get the success they're having right now.  I've helped over 2,000+ and maybe even more clients join Shopify and build up this great ecommerce business that we're all in.

Unfortunately, I cannot please everyone and those who have been upset I do truly apologize. We are trying our best to reach out to everyone. I even spend my own time interviewing individual clients and helping them with their shopify stores on a 1 on 1 basis.

Here's a student name Stony Ross who joined my program and because of his hard work, he was able to change his life working on his Shopify store : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz22M_5KMOg

Here's another student named Brandon who has made money with his Shopify store and even flew to New Jersey to meet me in person and thank me because of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KloMv5Us4

To those who have felt "scammed" .. please send me an email personally to teo@socialstinger.com

I'm not sure what kind of experiences you've had with my ex-employee Rocky, but I know that he didn't reply to emails for weeks while he was transitioning out of the job I provided him into his new job.  

Thank you,

Teo Vanyo

Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi guys,

My name is Teo Vanyo.

Thank you,

Teo Vanyo

Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi guys,

My name is Teo Vanyo.

Thank you,

Teo Vanyo

Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi guys,

My name is Teo Vanyo.

Go ahead and check out my Youtube video where I give free help on how to run Facebook ads. It's called "Teo Vanyo"

The past 4 months I've helped 14 students turn into 6 figure earners. Go ahead and check out all of the great reviews on our website and screenshots of student's earnings through my training.

Thank you,

Teo Vanyo

COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

Teo, if you want people to think this is for real, all you have to do is link all those testimonials you have on your site with the real websites and/or Facebook pages that you have helped promote. People need to be able to contact your past customers to ask for verification. Simple names of people who cannot be found anywhere or names of websites that do not exist are not credible. Quite the contrary !

Just my 2-cents ...

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

My student's stores are all confidential and I won't be giving out that information out, sorry.

It's very easy to find out the top products of one's stores and try to copy them.

For example, I've already found out through simple Shopify search that your store color addicted's top product is a mug, then a clock, then a shoe.  You can take a look at the 13,000+ subscribers I have on Youtube and you can see my 2 stores Outdoors Hiking and Fishing Professionals that I've uploaded with tutorials on how to do FB ads the right way, write ad copy and launch.  Enjoy!

I have plenty of students who I've helped out and plenty of mouthes that I've fed with this business and I'm not the type of person to go out there and go full blast on the many good things I've done. I don't go out there and tell people how many orphans I've fed in 3rd world countries nor do I go and advertise all of the charities I've donated to. Although you will hear more of those negative people out there who are not willing to work hard in achieving their dreams but rather complain about how no one else is doing it for them.

COLORADDICTED
Shopify Partner
79 0 14

Teo, first of all, let me tell you that I am simply telling you that the only way to be credible is to link to real sites and real people. Not your YouTube channel subscribers. Serious people/entrepreneurs need solid proof beyond the shadow of the doubt when it comes to parting with their money.

But, at the end of the day, it's your business so you decide what you want to do with your credibility. If you firmly believe that you are doing the right thing, then I rest my case.

BTW, the products you mentioned are nowhere near the most succesful in my store. Seriously and very honestly now, they're not even in the top 70%.

Again, it's your call !

WWW.COLORADDICTED.COM
Social_Stinger
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

That's only true if you're saying that Shopify's best seller's algorithms are incorrect or if your store doesn't get enough sales for it to justify which products are best sellers.

Otherwise, you have a good looking store while it's just unknown if it's making sales with barely any social engagement.  But I do see that most of your traffic comes from referral traffic then search traffic.

This is the reason why I don't give away any of my client's stores and any real company would not be willing to give out their client's private and confidential information for the public to see.  Of course that's why we have privacy policies and all right? Not sure how you conduct your business, but that's how I conduct mine.