Marketing Campaign - email cannot be scheduled as you have reached your limit

lisindah
Tourist
3 0 1

Why can I not create many campaigns to different customer groups?  Only allows a couple then says the limit has been reached for the week.  Some groups may only have 10 members others a couple of hundred but the information to each group is specific to the group.  It is not a blanket email sent to the database.  How can we overcome this error and schedule as required?

Replies 7 (7)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

Hi @lisindah,

That's a very interesting question, and there's a couple of possible contributing factors to you receiving that error message:

First of all, you can send a maximum of five email campaigns per week with Shopify Email. This resets every seven days at midnight UTC. So if you're trying to run more than 5 email campaigns then you will most certainly receive a notification that the limit has been reached.

Secondly, you can send a maximum of 2,500 emails for free every calendar month with Shopify Email. Emails are counted based on the number of individual email addresses that you send a specific promotional email to, so if you send 1 promotional email to 800 subscribers for example, then that counts as sending 800 promotional emails.

You mentioned that you are trying to run several campaigns with varying numbers of subscribers, but the combined amount (10 members in one group, a couple of hundred in another, etc) could still exceed that 2500 limit!

You can send additional emails beyond the 2,500 free emails at a cost of $0.001 USD per additional email. For example, if you send 1,000 additional emails, then it costs $1 USD.

05-00-87577-24118

You aren’t billed for the additional emails until the cost reaches $0.005 USD. If you send more than your 2,500 free emails in a month, then you're provided with a cost estimate when you send or schedule an email. There are no additional charges to your subscription plan because Shopify Email only charges for what you send.

The estimated cost of an email is based on the number of subscribers and the number of remaining free emails at the time that you send the email. Factors such as fluctuations in your subscriber list, or sending additional emails before a scheduled email, can change the final cost of an email.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

lisindah
Tourist
3 0 1
Each campaign is unique to a customer as the details within the campaign are customer specific. Why would Shopify put a limit to it anyway. If we have to be billed to do the function, why not do that?
Very disappointing. We use the email function to email the group that their store is open, when it is closing and the details of where to collect. These change from group to group and state to state (Australia).
So I can over 80 groups of gardening societies or clubs. Some have 20 or less members and others over 500. So I cannot do a blanket campaign to everyone as the information within the email relates to the specific garden group
And collection information just for them.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

I completely understand that these limitations may be disappointing. For context, these limits are currently in place to decrease the potential for abuse on our platform.

However, I will be passing your feedback on internally as it is invaluable information and will help us improve our product!

In the meantime, have you considered looking at third-party apps in Shopify's app store that offer more extensive email campaign options? Klaviyo is especially popular, for example, as is Omnisend!

I hope this helps in the meantime, but rest assured that I've communicated your frustrations with our developers.

Heather08
Visitor
1 0 0

Where do you "purchase" the extra emails? Mine says you have reached your limit, but doesn't give me the option to buy anymore?

Heather

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

Any fees associated with Shopify Email will be included on your normal 30-day billing cycle alongside other charges like apps and shipping. Shopify Email charges will be indicated as "Marketing emails" on the bill.

If you send more than your 2,500 free emails in a month, then you're provided with a cost estimate when you send or schedule an email.

Even with paying for additional emails, there is still a limit of 5 email activities sent per 7 day period. That limit is renewed at midnight UTC 7 days after the 1st of your 5 email activities is sent.

I hope that helps!

lisindah
Tourist
3 0 1
Not helpful at all as we have 110 various groups I need to send individual emails to so the limit of 5 is really ridiculous.
We don't send a blanket email to all groups as their information is all different.

You should accommodate for this.

ktuley
Tourist
11 1 1

Just ran into this.... had never heard of a WEEKLY limit of 2500. I know the new limit is 10,000 free then pay, but that's a month. and it's the first of the month.... so everything should reset, but the error says I"ve sent 2500 for the week. more than an hour on support chat, and no solution. took them more than 30 minutes to even acknowledge the issue... what is the work-around or solution to these limits?

Join us in person for the 51st Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, October 7-15, 2023