Can Facebook API conversions be set up for multiple events on Shopify?

Barrelmaker
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hello! Guys I need your help. Can anyone help me to setup facebook API conversions for content view, add to cart, initiate checkout etc. I have already done it for purchases by turning on maximum data sharing on official facebook app on shopify. I need someone who can do it for other types of conversions because I lose lots of data on my ads manager for other events (around 30% of data is lost). Would be grateful for any help! 

Replies 17 (17)

NavidNaghdi
4 0 0

Hi could you please also help me how to track other conversions for API too? Only Purchase is connected to the server for me:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 10.51.52.png

Thanks so much,

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

I have the exact same issue.

NavidNaghdi
4 0 0

Hi did you manage to figure this out? 

Thanks 

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

Did you ever run campaigns other than purchase optimization? I'm not sure facebook does the event matching if you dont optimise for it. 

NavidNaghdi
4 0 0

I haven't optimisations anything else to be fair but my developer has done it through an access code for other clients and all of those actions are server connected. So it is possible...? let me know if you find any info on this.

Thanks again

OOBSERVE
4 0 0

Hey there, I read your concern about setting up conversion API on the events other than purchase event. To be honest, this is not a technical possibility and the event match quality will also get better with time. it's AI it will learn. 

NavidNaghdi
4 0 0

Hey it seems to be possible though. This is for my other client who had a developer use an access token and all of it is connected?

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 15.32.43.png

Lumi
Tourist
5 0 2

What steps did he take to do that? I'm running into the same issue where the connection method is Browser.  

sunildarji811
4 0 0

How did you setup API? your custom code in each liquid file or is there any way to add common code to Facebook Channel plugin?

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

you simply go to facebooks events manager and go to settings, find conversion api and select partner and then shopify. from shopify's end, make sure u have 'maximum' selected

crazyrabbit6905
Visitor
1 0 0

Link it with mailchimp and fallow the code right I got to copy all of the terms so I can get ur token doing what you need

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2607 82 381

Hi,

I believe you are looking at "Increasing conversions". The usage  of facebook API conversions  is good thing to start with. However you can engage your customers by sharing on content view, addtocart and checkout page not just with facebook but also twitter and whatsapp too.

checkout the app at  https://apps.shopify.com/customer-account-dashboard and demo at demo store  you can add Facebook API app id details in app settings to conversations.

You can even view conversations stats in app dashboard   customer_stats.png

Try our dropshipping app @Tuecus Aliexpress Dropshipping

If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!

Apps Developer Team

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

Good news guys and girls. Shopify on June 30 will be rolling out server side tracking on non-purchase events! Just select the "Maximum" creepiness in your pixel settings for the Facebook channel, and you'll be setup ready to use the new server events when they are released.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
pault70
Tourist
7 0 4

Here's the text from a Shopify email I found (but didn't get):

As of June 30, 2021, additional events will be sent from your online store to Facebook’s Ads Manager through Conversions API. These additional events include: View Content, Search, Add to Cart, Initiate Checkout, and Add Payment Info, which were previously sent through Facebook’s pixel. These events can be used for advertising, allowing you to collect and share customer data from your online store for targeting, optimizing, and measuring Facebook ad campaigns.

There is no additional configuration required for you to get access to those events within your Ads Manager. However, ensure to review your privacy policy on your store so that your customers understand how you collect and process their personal information.

With Conversions API, events are sent between Shopify and Facebook servers, which is more resilient to browser-based ad blockers. Learn more about the ‘Maximum’ setting and Conversions API here. If you’d like to make any changes to your data sharing settings you can choose to do so within the Facebook channel by following these steps.

pault70
Tourist
7 0 4

But I do wonder if it is still somehow better to be using your own domain for the Facebook events if at all possible. Then we wouldn't have to 'max share' the data.

etrolmos
Shopify Partner
23 1 5

Shopify staff: It would've been nice for Partners to receive that email too and a changelog post. We were working with a client recently just about that topic.

And the help docs haven't been updated, they still only purchase events: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/analyze-marketing/facebook-data-sharing#choos...

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

You can leave feedback at the bottom of the support documentation. That helps keep such issues up-to-date.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping