I did Goggle Smart Shopping campaign. It cost me more than sales. No profit because the sales most go to dropshipper for products. Now I changed to Facebook campaign through my Shopify Marketing. Only one day I received $50 charge from Facebook. If I run 10 days everyday spend $50 dollars and do not get any sales. It's really scared! https://www.soogomall.com/
Could you please let me know that have you switched from standard shopping to smart or directly you have started the smart shopping campaign.
Because before running the smart shopping campaign you need to have the following points and eligibility criteria fulfilled :
a) pick 5 of your most popular products in different niches (ie: furniture, home decor, clothing, etc.) and create a facebook campaign for each of those
b) create 5 ad sets for each of these campaigns
c) create 10 different ads for each ad set with different copy and setup (ie: do one with image, one with video, etc.)
When targeting, you can:
- set one to general population and keep it broad and sell to the big 4.
U.S, U.K, Australia, Canada (do this for each niche)
- the use targeted demo graphics by niche (ie: clothing ---> target brand names, magazine names, people who are interested in fashion)
- Set a budget (CBO) for each campaign of $60 each
- Run the ads for 4 to 5 days and watch each day which ads perform the best and cancel the low performing ads. You are looking for ads that cost you the least but give you the most clicks and in turn, sales (ROAS)
Whatever ads did well, put more money towards those. You should be optimization for Purchase.
You have to test, test, test.
Stick with the same products for a month and change the ads around. People spend too much time changing the products when they should focus on the marketing message.
Your site is missing some key branding elements:
- prominently displayed and unique about page
- social proof
I would dial in your brand trust / conversion rate optimization before spending on ads.