what is the best marketing solution for starting business?

Huong_Giang
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hi guys!

I am just starting my business within few months. I want to advertise my products. However, running FB ads, IG ads costs a lot money. I am selling clothes for women 25 - 35 aged. This products are quite competitive. So do you have any recommendation for me to promote my products wisely and saver. Because I do not have much budget for marketing. Thanks guys.

- Marketing supporters
- Love to share marketing tips

Joshua_Addy
Tourist
7 0 1

Kindly provide the URL

+2349151875713
0 Likes
chandrasekhar
Excursionist
55 1 3

Hi @Huong_Giang 

We know that an extensive marketing plan is necessary for any business, but it is even more important for startups. Except people know regarding your startup and what it offers, they seemingly won't buy your products or services.

1. Send Emails

Email marketing is one of the most fundamental strategies to bring customers to your startup at small or no cost. When you have the email address of a possible customer or client, you can send an email to promote your startup. To take benefit of this marketing strategy, you must first collect the email addresses of potential customers.

2. Start a Blog

Blogging is a strong remarketing approach that benefits your startup generates the required appearance. With a blog, you position your startup as a major source of traffic while bringing organic search traffic to your site. The secret to developing an effective business blog is to publish content on what your audience requires to read. If the content of your blog is readable, then the search engines will rank your blog at the top of the search results, so that your hard work will be successful. And as your blog starts to rank higher, it attracts more visitors so that more people know about your startup.

3. Post on Social Media

With over 2.4 billion people using social media, incorporating social media channels into your startup marketing strategy will play a vital role. As your business presence on social media grows, more people will see and recognize you. In addition, most social media networks, including the Shopify Facebook Feed, Shopify Latest Tweet, and Pinterest, allow business owners to pay for traffic and exposure.

4. Use Paid Search Ads

Paid search has become a popular advertising channel for startups. It lets business owners buy laser-targeted traffic from Google and other search engines. Google AdWords is a paid search network that lets you feature keyword targeting with a cost-per-click (CPC) pricing model. Using any of these networks, you can create custom ads for your startup that appear in search results when someone searches for keywords related to your business.

If you need any help and support you may contact us.

0 Likes
VitaF
Shopify Partner
97 1 8

Hello!

Before putting a lot of funds towards marketing, make sure that your store is complete and customers can easily find information on different aspects such as shipping policies, return policies, about products overall, etc. This is vital for building trust and no matter in which channel you market your store, if your page is lacking information, it's less likely people will proceed to make a purchase.

Setting up an informative FAQ page is one way to approach this. Furthermore, it will improve your visibility in Google Search if you hit the right keywords and include links to your blog posts and other relevant content. Another thing to do is to categorise your product description. This too will help you build trust between you and your customers as well as help with SEO.

Helpcenterapp
0 Likes
UpPromote
Shopify Partner
34 1 2

Hi @Huong_Giang,

Firstly, congratulation for your first online business. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you in the past, and now they are successful So be patient!

With the marketing strategy, you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Small and medium businesses often have limited resources and budgets. Sometimes they do not even have a dedicated marketing team to promote their business. Running ads such as Facebook ads, Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

So my recommendation for you is Affiliate marketingAffiliate marketing  offers a cost-effective and efficient way to drive more traffic to your business and increase profits. As a small business owner, affiliate marketing is a great way to increase your reach and raise brand awareness without breaking the bank. It has low upfront costs, but it helps you build trust through association and can drive traffic to your site. 

Why Use Affiliate Marketing?

1. Cost-Effectiveness

Affiliate marketing may be the most cost-effective form of advertising since you’re only paying for results. Once you figure out ongoing operating costs, it is fundamentally impossible for your affiliate program to operate at a loss because you know your cost per acquisition from the start.

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

2. Sales

With UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing, generating an affiliate program allows you to tap into potential sources of traffic and revenue that you would otherwise not be getting. This is especially true of physical products, for which affiliates can do product review blog posts or videos, for example.

Screenshot_2-1024x567.png

3. Brand Awareness

Not only can affiliates drive sales for you, but they can also boost brand awareness simply by reaching a larger audience and increasing your traffic and exposure. Even if visitors don’t buy anything, they may sign up for your newsletter — that means you’re growing your email list for free and can potentially get a sale by marketing to those visitors in the future. You can even drive offline conversions via something like an in-store voucher through the affiliate program, or you can drive consumers to offline retailers if you don’t sell direct.

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

team-png-coffee-affiliate.png

4. SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

5. The “Industry” Is Growing

As previously mentioned, U.S. affiliate marketing spend is expected to grow 10 percent over the next five years to $6.8 billion, fueled by the enormous growth of e-commerce  and social media.

6. Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

Screenshot_17.png

Here are our recommendation to push your sales with affiliate marketing:

1. Offer a competitive commission

When setting the commission rules, make sure that it is compatible with your market (not too low or too high in comparison with your competitors). Set a number that can make you stand out but may not spend all your money on affiliate marketing. Consider your profit margin, marketing cost and product original price to calculate proper commission amount, just be sure not to be too greedy or too generous. A competitive commission will help affiliate work harder, and increase sales conversion.

Via UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing, you can setup your commission structure for each commission program. For example you can pay your affiliate percentage of sale, flat rate per order, or flat rate per item.

UpPromote_0-1628006379644.png

2. Generate coupon code:

A lot of shoppers search for coupons to see if it's a chance they can save some money upon purchasing. Thus, assigning a coupon code for your affiliates can both bring benefits to the customers and help your members to convince the consumers to buy from them.

Moreover, a discount coupon can be easily shared and remembered, which is useful for social media promotionCoupon code within UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing can be assigned manually or automatically.

4. Treat your affiliates with respect

Studies have shown that in sales positions, high performers are responsible for producing 67% more revenue than other average performers. That's why focusing on high-quality affiliates is so important to grow your affiliate campaign sustainably. Through UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing you can consider offering them Lifetime commission so that the affiliate will get commissions for all future purchases of a customer who buys from the affiliate once. 

UpPromote_1-1628006379614.png

5. Offer higher commission rate for outstanding affiliates

On the other hand, you can motivate your team by moving them to a different program once they reach a proper level (such as referring 1000 orders successfully). As affiliates sell more, they earn more. For example:

• 0 – 1000 referrals = 20% commission

• 1000– 2000 referrals = 25% commission

• 2000– 5000 referrals = 30% commission

• 5000+ referrals = 35% commission

You can use UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing to build your own auto-tier commission rule easily with three main types of conditions. Your affiliates will get automatically leveled up once their performances meet the level condition set, the conditions could be based on:

UpPromote_2-1628006379626.png

Sounds like a no-brainer, right? Obviously, you want to jump in immediately and add affiliate marketing to your online sales arsenal.

All the bests,

UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing 

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - the best Shopify affiliate app
- The powerful tools to support Shopify merchants to build, manage and succeed effectively with affiliate marketing.
- At the moment UpPromote reaches 35K+ merchants used; and 724K+ affiliates signed up, and 25M clicks recorded.
0 Likes
parisbras
4 0 0

Hi @Huong_Giang 

I totally feel you! I started my store three years ago with the same problems. I tried to invest a lot into IG ads and work with influencer accounts to promote my products. It works. but the cost is high which leaves the profit low. Once you stop the ads, there is very low traffic. Cuz traffic from this is unlikely to come back.

My advice is to engage with your customers, don't let them just visit once. You can use some ads to drive the first round of shoppers. Then collect their emails and keep in touch with your customers. So that once your stop your ads, you will still have a customer base. There are many apps that help with collecting emails. I tried Privy, omnisend, Klaviyo, engagemessage, etc. If you do not have much budget for marketing, you can try engagemessage. Their automation can cover all your needs, and it's free. You don't need to invest much into the tools. 

Wish you all the best for your store! Good luck.

0 Likes

Hi, The most common platforms for PPC advertising are Google Ads and Bing Ads. PPC advertising is a form of search engine marketing (SEM). It can be a great option for small businesses with limited budgets and according to WordStream, businesses make $2 in revenue on average for every $1 they spend on Google Ads.

0 Likes
KaiDavis
Tourist
8 1 1

I am selling clothes for women 25 - 35 aged. This products are quite competitive. So do you have any recommendation for me to promote my products wisely and saver. Because I do not have much budget for marketing. Thanks guys.

Start selling offline or directly to people in your communities. Forget about paid ads to start, try and make your first ten sales to people you know or people in your network.

For example, you might make a list of ~20 people you know, reach out to them, ask what type of clothes they usually wear and their style, and then let them know about your store and ask if you can find three items you think they'll like and show them to them. Take it from there and show/sell them the product.

Good luck!

Kai Davis is Your Shopify SEO Guy • CEO/Founder of Double Your Ecommerce
Feel free to say hi or ask a Shopify SEO question: kai@doubleyourecommerce.com
0 Likes