Why did Google Ads suspend my account for a Circumventing Systems policy violation?

AWoodworks
Tourist
3 0 1

About a month after we started our Google Ads campaign, we received notification that our account had been suspended "for violating our Circumventing Systems policy" 

We have no idea what may have caused this and certainly aren't intending to circumvent anything. We filed an appeal and gave all the information that we could think to provide but have only received a denial that states that we are still in violation with no other information provided. We have NO idea what may be triggering this issue or what we need to correct and can't get any more info from Google to point us in the right direction. 

I've searched the boards here and it looks like most other posts of this nature are either unanswered or just point to using a third party provider like AdScale instead. At this moment, AdScale is outside of our budget and we would ideally want to fix whatever is causing this issue with Google Ads directly.

Does anyone have any insight for what in our Shopify store could be causing this issue?

Some extra details from that email message from Google are below:

As stated in our Advertising Policies, Google Ads prohibits Circumventing Systems. This includes, but is not limited to:

AWoodworks_0-1649784024389.png

Engaging in practices that circumvent or interfere with Google's advertising systems and processes, or attempts to do so.

Examples (non-exhaustive):

• Cloaking (showing different content to certain users, including Google, than to other users) that aims at or results in interference with Google’s review systems, or hides or attempts to hide non-compliance with Google Ads policies, such as: 
    • Redirection to non-compliant content
    • Using dynamic DNS to switch page or ad content
    • Manipulating site content or restricting access to so many of your landing pages that it makes it difficult to meaningfully review your ad, site, or account

Note: Cloaking does not include providing content personalization that adds genuine value for certain users, such as different language versions of the same content or different versions of the same content depending on the user’s internet service provider, as long as the offering is still substantially the same, the variation in content is still compliant with Google Ads policies, and Google is able to review a version of the content

• Repeated policy violations across any of your accounts, including creating new domains or accounts to post ads that are similar to ads that have been disapproved (for this or any other Google Ads policy)
  • Bypassing enforcement mechanisms and detection by creating variations of ads, domains or content that have been disapproved (for this or any Google Ads policy) or using techniques in text, images, or videos to obfuscate sexually explicit content
  • After a previous suspension decision, attempting to use the Google Ads system again by creating new accounts in order to re enter the system
  • Abusing Google Ads product features in order to show policy non-compliant content to users and/or gain additional traffic
  • Submitting false information as part of our verification programs
Replies 11 (11)

soleseriouss
Trailblazer
316 10 38

Tried to email their support?

Online Sneaker Store - Soleseriouss
AWoodworks
Tourist
3 0 1

We have used the only entry into support that we can find and they only reply that it is still in violation and will not be enabled. They don't give any more information or any idea what is causing the problem. They just repeat that we are in violation but we have no idea for what.

dianazyy
4 0 0

Hi @AWoodworks 

If your Google Adwords account has been suspended,  the quickest way to set up a new campaign is to open a new account, since Google's customer service is difficult to reach out. 

AWoodworks
Tourist
3 0 1

They pretty specifically say not to do this or you will be subject to a permanent and irreversible ban.

infinitionline2
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, my username is actually infinitionline22. So, I am going through the same exact thing and wondering if you were able to get ANY help from Google at all or ever to figure out what the actual problem is? I am BEYOND frustrated at this point, so, I definitely know how you feel. Hoping you somehow made it through and if so, any advice? Thanks so much and sorry you had to go through this!

Tarver
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

the same thing just happened with my account. that’s really frustrating.  Any advice on how to react to that and get the Google ads working again?

Brie3
Visitor
1 0 0

Same thing happened to us this morning. I’ve never been spoken to so badly. The guy treated me like a hard core criminal. From what I’ve read it looks pretty grim, I don’t think many businesses come back from it. 

LongTable
4 0 0

HI! I know this is old news for you, but did you ever sort out the issue? the same thing is happening to me!

sampymishra
Shopify Partner
296 10 35

Hi @AWoodworks 

You can check that you have added all the required policy pages to your website. And also added proper payment methods. In case you have added these you can raise a manual review request to google to review your account.

You can look at the app we have developed an app, the Easy Google Shopping Feed app by AdNabu for Shopify. You can bulk edit all the fields and the changes will be pushed to the Google Merchant Center within a couple of minutes.

Some of the other features of our app include: 

• The product-specific score for every product & recommendations to increase the score &, most likely, your performance in Google Shopping
  • Metafield mapping to customize every single attribute of Google Shopping Feed
  • Faster update of Google Shopping Feed with unlimited manual syncing
  • Supports Multi-language and Multi-currency feed
  • Many more features which can save your time and effort.

You can also get in touch with our experts and request a demo. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Nabu for Google Shopping Feed from Shopify App Store. 

LongTable
4 0 0

Same exact thing here. I was able to get it reactivated at one point by filing an appeal, but it was deactivated again the next day. I'm very confused here as to what is going on. Is this a theme-based bug? Using Showcase here. 

LongTable
4 0 0

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am now stuck where you were in April! It's a total mystery to me why I am suspended, and my appeals give no more information back at all. If your hardships have brought you any wisdom, I humbly beg of you to share it. Thank you!