Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.
Solved

Error 422: Tracking information update failed

Mussty
Excursionist
31 3 6

Hi All, 

I am trying to update tracking information via Custom App API access.

Admin API access scopes enabled: write_fulfillments, read_fulfillments, read_orders, write_custom_fulfillment_services, read_custom_fulfillment_services, write_third_party_fulfillment_orders, read_third_party_fulfillment_orders, write_delivery_customizations, read_delivery_customizations, write_orders, write_assigned_fulfillment_orders, read_assigned_fulfillment_orders

Webhook version2023-01

I am getting the error 422 "Tracking information update failed".

I am following this method: https://shopify.dev/docs/api/admin-rest/2023-01/resources/fulfillment#post-fulfillments-fulfillment-...

Header: Content-Type: application/json

In the HTTP Post request the body is:

{"fulfillment":{"notify_customer":false,"tracking_info":{"number":"","url":"URL","company":"Other"}}}

I have left tracking number blank inside "" "" as I don't have any and just want to update tracking url. I get the same error when I completely remove: "number":"", from the body or put a random number in.

I am using Make.com to create my automation.

I am getting the fulfilment ID from Shopify Flow with variable: "{{fulfillment.id | remove: "gid://shopify/Fulfillment/"}}".

In Shopify Flow when the order is marked as fulfilled and order tag = certain conditions: Send HTTP request is triggered and sends the order ID and Fulfilment ID to Make.com.

I then get this data and use the orderID to get the shipping information from my delivery management platform "Shipday" and using the TrackingURL from Shipday, I am trying to Post the tracking information back to Shopify.

Mussty_0-1679359492060.png

Mussty_1-1679359589958.png

Mussty_2-1679359692165.png

Mussty_3-1679360163150.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Mussty
Excursionist
31 3 6

This is an accepted solution.

Enabling additional scope fixed the error: write_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders, read_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Mussty
Excursionist
31 3 6

This is an accepted solution.

Enabling additional scope fixed the error: write_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders, read_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders