Formatting issue on Description field

alih
Visitor
1 0 1

I have an integration with an inventory management software that pushes product data (new and updated) to my Shopify store. My issue is that when the data for the Description field comes across, it loses all the formatting i.e. tabs, new line etc. I've checked on the inventory management software side and they are not stripping the formatting, so it seems that Shopify is doing this. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to overcome it?

Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1312

Are they pushing to body_html in REST, or descriptionHtml for GraphQL (graphq; bodyHTML is depreciated)

Is the html valid or have strange characters or encoding, etc 

(what happens if you try to CSV upload one of the descriptions or put in the rich text editors html-mode?)

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Ero_volution
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Alih, 

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing. The product description looks very odd and loses all formatting in Facebook and IG shops.

ShivamSinha
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi! I'm facing a similar issue as well. I'm using NextJS to build my eCommerce site and that uses the GraphQL API to query for products. I am then trying to use on-demand revalidation for that when the client makes updates in Shopify, NextJS can automatically update it. Unforunately while the graphQL api has `descriptionHtml` the webhook API returns it as `body_html`.

Is there anyway to handle this in NextJS or get the webhook API to return object keys as how they appear in the GraphQL API?