Feature Request: Integration of Taxamo assure into the checkout for UK companies selling to EU

Solved
LauraECY
Excursionist
23 0 33

I got a response from Royal Mail saying that I had done everything correctly and so it was an issue with the tax authorities in the countries. I have had a holding email from the Austrian tax people saying they are looking into it. I haven't had any documentation from the other affected order so will leave that one as it is. 

0 Likes
Candi_Q
Excursionist
16 0 16

Hi @LauraECY 

This is so helpful thank you! I just learned a new word 'Concatenating' lol.  I will give it a go now.

In addition to the IOSS file did you upload a product file as mentioned in Crossborderit's FAQ section?

Thanks  

0 Likes
LauraECY
Excursionist
23 0 33
Our product catalogue is enormous so we haven't done so. If it turns out
that we need to then I will but for now I am focussing on having the orders
in!
LauraECY
Excursionist
23 0 33

Just a quick FYI - I had the date format wrong. I'm sure you will spot this when you upload but the format needs to be yyyy-mm-dd

Candi_Q
Excursionist
16 0 16

Hi @LauraECY ,

Yes thank you. After a bit of fiddling it is finally uploaded successfully. Thank you for your help! If you didn't send that screenshot I would still be completely lost. You're a star!

SMU
Excursionist
20 0 36

Hi

Is the IOSS symbol generated automatically if we enter our IOSS number  on click and drop? Sorry, I may have missed this info earlier in the thread.

Candi_Q
Excursionist
16 0 16

Hi @SMU 

Yes if you enter your IOSS number into your Click and Drop account under the setting section called 'Trading Names' it should automatically print an IOSS symbol on your postage labels. I would recommend checking each label to confirm as some people on here have mentioned it not showing up on some occasions. 

GuyWilliams
Tourist
9 0 11

Has anyone run into trouble with 0,00 EUR transactions?  We ship ~5-10 replacement units a day at no cost to the customer and since pre July 1 they were under the 22 EUR threshold they just went DDU.  A twist in IOSS is that it's not just collecting VAT, it's collecting duty (HTS) as well so even a 0 EUR item still has underlying "value" that could be dutiable.  What's happening is that neither Taxamo nor CBIT (we use both... long story) can process IOSS for a 0 EUR transaction so the orders ship DDU and some customers are getting charged really high amounts and getting justifiably annoyed (remember this was already a customer with a problem!)  What are we supposed to do in this scenario?

Candi_Q
Excursionist
16 0 16

Hi @GuyWilliams 

Is it possible to just send it as a commercial sample?

0 Likes
GuyWilliams
Tourist
9 0 11

@Candi_Q Sure, that's OK for one's and twos but it's probably not compliant- it's not actually a sample after all.  Fact is, our 3PL tells us that no one is really sure what is (or is not) compliant so maybe I'll just go ahead and do it.  What a mess