Feature Request: Integration of Taxamo assure into the checkout for UK companies selling to EU

Solved
Candi_Q
Excursionist
16 0 16

Hi @GuyWilliams 

It really is a mess. I hope you get some clear answers soon!

0 Likes
RyanEngland
1 0 4

Hi guys,

If we were to build a plugin that integrates Taxamo with your Shopify store, whereby you're able to just input your Taxamo details and have it automatically integrate with the Taxamo system would this be of interest to anyone?

We'd probably have to charge $5 / month or something similar to cover our development costs - separate to the costs form Taxamo. Would this be of interest to anyone?

Cheers,

Ryan

HelenRound
Tourist
6 0 1
Yes, definitely! ASAP please!!
0 Likes
HelenRound
Tourist
6 0 1

Yes, definitely! ASAP please!! 

0 Likes
Dbaca
Pathfinder
145 0 39
Crossborderit has a functioning app as well. It is free and included in our services. Feel free to reachout at info@crossborderit.com.
0 Likes
KBTTPS
Tourist
4 0 24

YES!!!! That would be amazing...

0 Likes
caratech
1 0 0

We'll be interested in this solution to use our already registered Taxamo service.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Likes
GuyWilliams
Tourist
9 0 11

RyanEngland 

0 Likes
Morning
Excursionist
20 0 7

That’s because Taxamo are a ‘deemed supplier’ like EBay or Etsy rather than an Intermediary. If the VAT collected isn’t right, only Taxamo are liable. Do they have a method of recouping under-collected VAT from their sellers?

Speaking of incorrect VAT amounts, I got a reply from the Swedish Tax agency. They confirmed the VAT must be collected on goods and shipping for IOSS consignments, as expected. Crossborderit are registered through Sweden, so I guess we're getting different advice. Weird huh.

GuyWilliams
Tourist
9 0 11

"That’s because Taxamo are a ‘deemed supplier’ like EBay or Etsy rather than an Intermediary. If the VAT collected isn’t right, only Taxamo are liable. Do they have a method of recouping under-collected VAT from their sellers?"

Ohhh that's super interesting and makes a lot of sense.  Taxamo only collects and remits VAT based on *their* calculation of the liability but that calculation is based on store entered HTS information in the product config... so, yes, a store could deliberately enter advantageous HTS codes and leave Taxamo liable- but their vendor agreement is pretty substantial so I'm sure that they have the ability to charge the credit card on file or otherwise go after the store for a liability.  On the shipping- I haven't run into that but nor do I charge shipping (so there is nothing to tax).

CBIT seems like it has a bunch of internal risk- it's fully dependent on *store* data, not it's own, that means that it's basically remitting "on trust."  Ask yourself, "how many SMB Shopify stores would I fully "trust?"  Their app helps a lot but bad data in is still bad data.  That would keep me up at night.  But they are moving fast and are easy to work with, so good job guys, hope that it doesn't blow up on you!

0 Likes