Re: Howto Bulk Translate Product option translation for size

Howto Bulk Translate Product option translation for size

kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

Hello.

My store is native in italian and i translate in german and english. my variants have one option which is size. i get a really bad translation. in german i get the word "messen" and in english i get "measurment" in automatic translation.

Translation export does not work because i can't get the field exported.

How can i bulk edit this or better how can i prevent this bad translation? manula translation is not an option becaus i have about 4000k of articles active.

Here is what i need to translate, the title of options.

Screenshot_20240520_230912.png

Thanks for any help in advance

Replies 8 (8)
kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

Thanks @Meruem for your reply.

Exporting translations was the first aproach and would be fine but it seems that the option title field doesn't get exported.

The translation file would be an acceptable option for me as there are only some words not ok. Have you any reference how this work ?

Thanks in advance

kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

Thanks @Meruem for this. I will give this a try and i will see what will happen. Could be a solution. They should provide an option where you can define some custom translations.

I see that the problem start when the context is missing on single words. I tried to change the option title from the single word "misura" (size) to "misura anello" (size ring) and i get a good translation.

So i will check how to proceed. 

Thanks again !

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 96 160

Hi @kub , sorry to hear you're having this challenge. Can I just confirm that you're not seeing product option values on the exported CSV?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

HobbyChampion
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi Richbrown_staff,

We have the same problem. When we export to any file type, none of the fields are translated...this is a major problem for us.

Do you know how we can get around this? Any help will be really appreciated.

Nathalie

www.hobbychampion.com
kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

Did you activate and started the translation, before exporting??

kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

Hi @richbrown_staff . Thanks for your reply. Yes i rechecked.

I went to settings>Language>export>choose export option selecting products. I get 4 csv files which contain the fields for each product

body_html
handle
handle
product_type
product_type
meta_description
meta_description
title
title

body_html

and also the name field for the option name, so only to field types, PRODUCT and PRODUCT_OPTION_VALUE not the title of the option value

Schermata_20240616_202126.png

I am quite sure that i didn't export the right data as all the variant options are missing. Maybe you can give me a feedback what to export.

Schermata_20240616_200950.png

This is how i export (sorry for not posting english but i think it self explaining)

Thanks in advance

HobbyChampion
Tourist
11 0 0

Sorry for the confusion. This is exactly the same problem we do have.  Metafields Values can be translated but not the Metafields name...is someone knows how to proceed for this ? Thanks in advance, Nathalie

www.hobbychampion.com
kub
Pathfinder
133 3 43

it is quite weird. now i exported all obsolete (not only product translations but all categories) and i got some field type PRODUCT_OPTION exported.

Where are they stored? I can't always export whole store translation to get some fields descriptions