Shopify merchants can now control international pricing per region

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
141 13 76

Shopify merchants can now control their international prices by country/region. When using Shopify Payments in multiple currencies, you will now see the option to add price adjustments by country (Shopify Plan and above), or you can also set specific prices per product, per country/region using a CSV file upload (Shopify Advanced and Plus plans):

10-59-uc27o-0u92r

To provide accurate location based recommendations to international buyers, and allow your buyers to switch pricing between countries or regions, we recommend using Shopify's Geolocation app, which I am happy to answer any questions about as well. We will soon be adding the ability to build country selectors directly into themes, and adding them to all of Shopify's themes on the theme store.

In addition to region specific pricing, Shopify can now also display prices on your storefront either including or excluding taxes depending on where your buyers are from. For example if you're selling to buyers in the US, all product pricing remains exclusive of taxes on the storefront, and then added at checkout based on where the buyer is shipping to. However in markets like the UK, Europe, and Australia where buyers expect to see an all inclusive price, prices can be displayed including any applicable local taxes on the storefront, so there are no surprises when those buyers get to checkout.

To make sure your buyers are seeing prices accurately either including or excluding tax based on their market, enable the location based tax setting in your admin under Taxes --> Settings:

10-04-xclxw-lgigt

You can review the countries/regions that have tax inclusive pricing enabled when this setting is checked in our documentation.

Resources

If you have any questions or feedback about this new feature, reply below as we’d love to hear from you. If you looking for troubleshooting support please get in touch with our support team, or create a new topic providing as much detail as possible.

Cole

Cole | Product @Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 33 (33)