Re: Translate and Adapt editor showing html descriptions

Translate and Adapt editor showing html descriptions

MLLC
Visitor
1 0 1

MLLC_0-1698501172593.png

When translating product descriptions I only have the option of seeing the description block in HTML, which makes it really hard to translate text! How do I view this as a normal text editing field? Nothing happens when I click the the HTML button. 

Replies 4 (4)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 96 160

Hi @MLLC , I just had a go this end and it seemed to work; see vid. Are you still having issues? 

Rich

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

chernevs
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Rich, I have the same issue. Last night it used to work with me just like in your video. But today nothing changes when I press the HTML </> button. i.e not showing the HTML editor. And it was only last night when I was editing Notifications. Not sure whats changed. Also it wont let me edit content in English (in the box to the left)

HTML editor not working in Translate & Adapt.png

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 96 160

Hi @chernevs , this is what I see on your store; is that the same for you? This is as expected.

You can't edit default / source content in Translate & Adapt (English in this case).

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

chernevs
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Rich, just checked again seems is back on working. See screenshot, HTML editor is available, and I havent changed any settings. Seems like a bacground process thing.

Screenshot_20231130-095650_Shopify.jpg