Ho to setup 301 Redirects Correctly

JMB
15 0 0

Hi Guys, 

We are migrating from X-cart and would like to know what is the correct procedure to setup 301 redirects ?

Is there a  tool or app can we can use for this ?

0 Likes
Vinsi
Tourist
109 0 2

Hello JMB,

I can help you with this. Add me on Skpe: cis.vincent 

Regards.

0 Likes
AnaW
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 25

Hi there, JMB!

Ana here, from the Shopify support team. :)

You can create 301 redirects manually within your Shopify admin, in Online Store>Navigation: 

Here's some documentation with the full steps involved in doing this: https://help.shopify.com/manual/migrating-to-shopify/url-redirect

If you have quite a few links to migrate, you can also check out the Traffic Control - Bulk Redirects app or the Shopify Bulk 301 Chrome extension.

Hope this helps! :)

Ana

0 Likes
Xperteria
Shopify Expert
109 1 27

Thanks Ana - it's gold that Shopify community have people like you!

Cheers!

For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes
DeepVyas
Shopify Partner
578 6 7

Hi,

I have check your post for detail mentioned and how it can be helped.

let me know your available time and I will do my best to accommodate it.

We can discuss further on skype: anaisys.technologies

Best Regards,
Deep

Shopify Expert | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com
0 Likes
JMB
15 0 0

Thanks so much for this helpful info. 1 more question , how do we know wich URLs we need to create 301 for from our old x-cart site ?

0 Likes
Tim_Silver
2 0 0

How many pages are on your current store? 

From an SEO point of view, get this wrong and it could ruin any organic traffic you get so it is imperative to get right.

If you have an existing store, the first step is to crawl it and see how many pages you have there to redirect. Do you have an idea of how many products and category pages you have? Do you have an integrated blog?

If you want some help then please feel free to email me timsilver1980(at)gmail.com

0 Likes
WhiteWater_Web
Shopify Expert
175 1 9

Hi JMB, we can assist if you still need a hand. As pointed out on the forum this can be done manually in Shopify, using an app, or using the Shopify API and scripting (we have done all of these). Also, there are utilities that can help you extract old URL's and map them, and/or you can use your old sites database to secure the old URL's.

Let us know if you want some help: projects@whitewatersolutions.com

Cheers!

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes