Why would a shopify expert require phone number and address to support a troubleshooting query?

pk21
1 0 0

Hi guys,

I just had a rude exchange with Propeller Graphic Design & Marketing - all I asked was why do you need my phone and address, and they came back suggesting that my reluctance to provide it suggests that I should go elsewhere to find support. I am taken back at how rude the individual was considering they are providing a support service - glad I didn't select them anyway.

Am I missing something? Obviously new to shopify and the system, they wanted my store url and my FB log in details also- I just felt like all those details combined was not necessary and if it was, justification should be provided.

0 Likes
HymnZ
Shopify Partner
392 6 59

They don't. They don't even need your store's login or Facebook login. Shopify Experts typically use their Partners account to request access to specific sections of your admin dashboard based on the requirement unless the work relates to setting up payment gateways.

I'd say you dodged a bullet here from a miscreant.

My speciality lies in making Shopify work for your requirements, not the other way round. HMU on email: hymnz@outlook.com or on skype: hymnzzy

If you like my work, consider supporting me :) https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hymnz
Jennifer20
Navigator
656 20 32

Hi @pk21

I hope you're doing great!

I would be happy to work with you. Please give me a suitable time to discuss your requirements.

Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Email- sales@wreximinfotech.com

I look forward to your response!

Stay Well

Thanks!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2799 159 518

When asked for something like phone and address that's another business disqualifying you, they want to confirm either a brick and mortar location or indication of stability.

It's a way to rapidly weed out clients that give answers when asked without having to song and dance.

And a lot of businesses have trouble communicating "the why" of their organic processes so they probably don't even know how to explain it to you without coming across as even more rude.

But the fb thing is weird, asking for direct account access on first touch without paperwork in place is a bit suspect.

When this happens an easy counter is you can screenshare with them after you login privately and they can guide you through what they are needing to inspect, but expect to pay at least an hourly rate in that case.

Overall you description indicates they have probably adopted different client intake processes for expedience without a way to also expediently communicate "the why" of doing things they way they are doing them.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
chiragdave
Tourist
237 0 2

Hello @pk21 ,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is Chirag Dave Business Development Executive from Vibidsoft Company.

I saw your recent post and figured that you're looking for Shopify. We at Vibidsoft offer the same kind of services that you're looking for. We at Vibidsoft offer the same kind of services that you’re looking for. We have in-house team of resources who are highly experienced and are capable enough to implement any sorts of features that you require. We offer premium quality services at decent rate. We can deliver you some amazing secured functionalities too as we have in-house team of designers and developers who have 7+ years of experience in this industry.

Would you be interested to discuss this further in details?

Here is my contact details:-
Skype ID or Email ID:- chirag.dave@vibidsoft.com

Thank You.

0 Likes