Quick Question: Updated Order Page

lenowng
13 0 0
Replies 10 (10)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 295 750

Hi @lenowng 

Thanks for your question- it might be possible to surface the order deliver date as a datapoint/ field. What would be the specific use-case that you'd have for this? 

Cheers,

Liam Griffin

Shopify | Developer Community Manager

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

lenowng
13 0 0

Thanks for the clarification. I'm building an integration for a merchant which ideally wants a quick glance at the dashboard to know "scheduled order" (this will be part of the functionality of the app) should be fulfill on what date.

Otherwise, I have to develop a custom dashboard as part of the app itself which I'm trying to avoid here.

lenowng
13 0 0

Anyway, is there a way for me to display Delivery Date on the dashboard along with Delivery Method (which we already seeing this)?

lenowng
13 0 0

#sendhelp please

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 295 750

Hi @lenowng 

Sorry for the late reply on this! Would the delivery date accessible through the API help with this use-case, or would it need to be a Liquid variable?

Cheers,

Liam

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

lenowng
13 0 0

At this moment, I'm looking at only API calls would be sufficient. Would you recommend any articles or guides or docs that I could start digging?

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 295 750

@lenowng I'm asking our internal devs what would be the best way to surface this info, but in the meantime would our developer docs on deliverySettingUpdate and FulfillmentEvent  help with this? 

I'll update here with more advice on this.

Cheers,

Liam

lenowng
13 0 0

Highly anticipated to your next update. Thanks Liam!

lenowng
13 0 0
Heyyo Liam, while waiting, I have dug deeper in hope to explore more possibility.

Needed validation on this idea based on vagued documentation on: https://shopify.dev/docs/app-extensions/extension-areas

So, can a merchant installs an app (say, App1) and App1 could serve a javascript that whenever the admin got into the Order Index /Page where the order dashboard appears, also load a javascript from App1? In that sense, the javascript can be responsible in modifying the dashboard view, e.g. adding a column. Otherwise, what can an App Extension be doing at Order Index?

The documentation looks vague to me
Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 295 750

Hi @lenowng 

App extensions allow apps to modify parts of the admin/ dashboard view, for example by adding extra options that are connected with the functionality of the app. Here's a good video that explains this concept:

Hope this helps!