Solved

Where have app snippets gone ?

KishlorN
Shopify Partner
8 0 6

I worked on an app a few months ago which involved app snippets (as described here).

But I cannot find the related section from App "Online store" extension anymore:

KishlorN_0-1597687278134.png

Where are they ?

I must say getting started on shopify is real struggle: I can't count the amount of dead links and outdated documentation I encountered...

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 298 769

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KishlorN 

Thanks for getting in touch here. The app snippets feature is not live on regular Shopify stores yet, as it is a beta feature that will be rolled out with the larger Online Store Design Experience. The developer preview that allowed partners to test out the app snippets is now closed as the internal team action on the feedback received, which is why you are not seeing the app snippets in the extensions area. We announced the closing of this phase of the beta in our developer changelog recently, and you can learn more about next steps from last weeks Partner Town Hall, at 35:00. 

As more updates are announced, we'll also be sharing them in this forum. Hope this helps KishlorN

Cheers,

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 298 769

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KishlorN 

Thanks for getting in touch here. The app snippets feature is not live on regular Shopify stores yet, as it is a beta feature that will be rolled out with the larger Online Store Design Experience. The developer preview that allowed partners to test out the app snippets is now closed as the internal team action on the feedback received, which is why you are not seeing the app snippets in the extensions area. We announced the closing of this phase of the beta in our developer changelog recently, and you can learn more about next steps from last weeks Partner Town Hall, at 35:00. 

As more updates are announced, we'll also be sharing them in this forum. Hope this helps KishlorN

Cheers,

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

KishlorN
Shopify Partner
8 0 6

Hi @Liam 

Thanks for taking the time !

According to this information, this leaves only 2 options out of the 4 advertised in app submission online store requirements (app snippets and sections being both part of the "new online store design experience").

With the variety of shopify themes out there, I really fail to understand how I'm supposed to automatically add fully functional frontend content interacting with every possible theme features/classes/ids.

Cheers

Cdali
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm reading the developer documentation for the first time, and I only find references to the app snippets / sections, so I don't understand how I should add code or content to the Online Stores... Am I missing something?!?

artage
Visitor
3 0 0
Can I ask how I can inject my script code with the app to the customer's store theme? Is there any alternative way?

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 298 769

Hi Artage, 

Would the ScriptTags approach that Shayne shows here work for you:

David_OL
Shopify Partner
58 1 4

Do you have an estimated release date for this feature as I found it useful when testing.

banned
Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 298 769

Hi David - we have no update at the moment, but I'll post in this subforum when we have news on this front. 

Lokeshwari
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi, I need to create a new app for Shopify. Can you share good tutorial/exercises with me?
franklinjosh897
Visitor
1 0 0

There are bunch of videos on youtube to learn shopify you can explore them for your assistance.

banned
MiaJona
Visitor
3 0 0

Before you can create a custom app for your store, you need to enable custom app development. You need to be the store owner or a staff member with the Enable app development permission to enable custom app development.