Why is my German IBAN not accepted in Shopify payments setup?

Swillow
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have a problem setting up my shopify payments, when I fill all necessary information and push the "complete account setup" button it takes an error out with my bank account number. I have an iban account number in german bank, why its not working? What should I do?

Replies 15 (15)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @Swillow!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

You need a routing number and an account number to complete the Shopify payments set up. These numbers can be found at the bottom of a check or by contacting your bank.

If you are entering the correct information then I will need to investigate this further and in order to do so, I will need to see what you are typing into the signup so I would need screenshots of what you are entering at signup.

IMPORTANT - On the signup form there can be an SSN and SIN field. This is considered sensitive information, and we do not need it provided for troubleshooting. Please leave this field blank when providing screenshots, or please block out the information.

Firstly let me know if you are using the correct numbers confirmed by your bank and we can take it from there. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Thank you for providing that screenshot, I have now deleted the image as they are your personal details. Have you checked that account number with your bank? It is separate to your IBAN I believe.

As this is confidential and account-specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, we can speak in more detail. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

A55
Visitor
2 0 1

Im haviing trouble seting up the account. I ve tried to use my german bank account and it is saying the routing number is wrong. Ive tried every combination even what the bank told me and its not working. I need help.

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @A55.

Thank you for joining the thread. I can certainly look into this further for you, in order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Ned123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

I have gotten my payout and it is saying "your payout couldn’t be deposited because the bank account details you entered were incorrect. Make sure you enter details for a valid checking account.

After you update your bank account details, we’ll automatically try to deposit your payout. Until then, your payouts will be on hold". I have tried to change my details, and I am from Australia so I am

using my BSB number. But when I try and put in the account number it says it invalid, I don't have another bank account so what can I do. It also tells me to put in my old routing number and account 

number but I only have one account number so what can I do?

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @Ned123.

Welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your payouts. Are you using the Shopify Payments gateway? If so, you must have a full checking account located in Australia with your Australian financial institution. If you use as savings accounts or other speciality account types this can pose issues with payouts as we cannot support these account types. The bank account format in Australia is:

• Bank account format:
    • Bank State Branch number (BSB): 6 digits
    • Account number: usually between 6-8 digits

Can you confirm that you meet these requirements? Have you tried entering your BSB number as the routing number as they are similar? Have you contacted your bank to confirm these details? If you are still having difficulties after this then please let me know and I can authenticate you as the account owner and take a closer look for you.

Speak soon! 

Ned123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello 

Yes I have, but I think I may have entered the wrong bank info when I first set up my shop I am now receiving and error

To change your bank account, make the following changes

- Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made.

My bank account is also in the same currency which my store operates so I don't think that is the issue. 

Any suggestions on how I fix this?

Thanks,

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Okay, no problem @Ned123, thank you for getting back to me. 

I can escalate this to our accounts team who will help get these details updated after verifying you are the account owner. In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, we will get that done for you.

Chat soon!

egeddie123
Visitor
1 0 1

"Account number can't be used because previous attempts to deliver payouts to this account have failed."

I get this msg when i put my infprmation what do i do im lost

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @egeddie123!

Thank you for joining the thread. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your account at the moment, that seems very strange, is it the Shopify Payments gateway? Where are you located? Do you have a screenshot of the error? Once I have a bit more information on this, I will be able to help you out further. 

Speak soon! 

jess-artisans
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I also need help with an invalid Account Number issue.

Our store supplies Australian produce to Singapore. Our business address is technically in Australia however we only sell to a Singapore market, and will only trade in Singapore dollars.

We have set up a bank account with our Australian Bank institution NAB, but in $SGD only. 

When I attempt to "complete Shopify Payments setup" - I get the error "Account number is invalid".

Is this something you can help with?

Thanks

jitssht
Visitor
1 0 0

did you get this figured out? I think my issue may have been a put my account number incorrectly but my routing number was the wrong one but now it won't let me change it and it's giving me that same error you were given.

Eunoiaaboutique
Visitor
2 0 0

I have recently put in my correct routing and account number and next to my bank it’s says NA? and it says a payout was paid but I didn’t receive it. And when I go to try and replace it it’s says I don’t have the correct numbers. What does this mean? 

vkodousek
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu... I have a similar issue. I have Wise account for my UK company. But I am not able to add sort code. Shopify always says: Sort code is invalid. Can you pls let me know what to do? thank you.

paxvictoria
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi has the problem been solved, I have a problem with adding an account number, from a wise account?