Solved

Activate PayPal Express Checkout - "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong"

Leander
4 0 0

Please help, when i tried to activate Paypal Express Checkout, when i am gong to finished the final step, clicke "submit" button, it show me: We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong, Please try again.

so i tried again and again and again, it shows me the same error message. dead loop, who could help? thanks! 

Leander_1-1620652302160.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for checking this with them, - it does sound like we might need to take a closer look at this for you. Would you be able to get in touch with us through our live support here so that we can check this out for you? The reason I am directing you to our live support is because we are currently unable to look into your account details from the Shopify Community, so this would be the way to have a closer look.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @Leander!

This is Lana from Shopify.

I can see on your screenshot that the error message seems to come up when you are already on the PayPal side of the account setup.

It is possible that this issue is related to the cache and cookies on your browser. Could you please try to clear the cookies on your Google Chrome browser following these steps here? After you have done that, go from the beginning to connect the account and watch out for any other error messages or see if the same one comes up. In the case that clearing the cache does not work, you might need to take a look at your account with PayPal, and I have a link to their support centre here.

If after you speak with PayPal it is established that the issue is on our end, please do get back to me here and let me know what they say, - any further context would be very helpful!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana 

Leander
4 0 0

Paypal gave feedback as below:

I checked your account, your account is normal and verified.
There is no problem with your PayPal account, please contact shopify to check if there is a problem with your Shopify account.

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for checking this with them, - it does sound like we might need to take a closer look at this for you. Would you be able to get in touch with us through our live support here so that we can check this out for you? The reason I am directing you to our live support is because we are currently unable to look into your account details from the Shopify Community, so this would be the way to have a closer look.

Leander
4 0 0

sure,what could i do for you ?

Leander
4 0 0

i click "live support here", and it guide me here as below snapshot, seems to be no "live support" entry.

Leander_0-1621305854098.png

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see what you're saying there! You will first need to type a question or topic into the search bar in the middle of the page, in your case you can try 'PayPal', then scroll down to the bottom where you should see the 'Contact Support' option.