Assign package to product

veryventura
1 0 12

Let me throw my hat in the ring to urge Shopify to add the ability to assign specific packages to specific products. PLEASE, the extra shipping charges we're incurring due to miscalculated shipping charges are eating at our profit.

Thank you!

Replies 33 (33)
Kitedwards30
2 0 3

Add me to the list.  I just set everything up, got in inventory, ordered all my packaging and went in to put in my packaging dims and discovered this.  You cannot allow us to to either lose money on shipping, over charge our customer and probably lose them or use an app that cost as much as paying for shopify.  These are our options?  Please tell me this is not just being looked at but actually being fixed. 

keebd
1 0 2

+1 for this basic feature. $9USD/Month for each tiny feature is a bad idea. The algorithm already takes the default package dimensions into account so why not just let us pick a different one per product and those dimensions get used instead at checkout.

bronzydesigns
1 0 0

Please add me as another interested shop owner needing this option. 

Mherch
2 0 2

This is a basic feature so I don’t know why it’s unavailable on shopify. I sell hats and clothes. Obviously the hats have to be shipped in a box to prevent damage, whereas the close are shipped in soft mailers. The weight of those two packages are different. Then, how will shopify correctly calculate the cost of shipping if someone buys for example, a hat and a sweater. I can’t ship those two items in the small box for the hat or the soft mailer for the clothes. I would need to ship them in a medium sized box. The only thing I can think of is that Shopify would rather make money off of the apps that charge us to do simple things. 

tony5280
Shopify Partner
71 6 24

The only thing I can think of is that Shopify would rather make money off of the apps that charge us to do simple things. 

Yes, unfortunately that is correct, sir.

shopefyrecords
1 0 0

This pretty much covers it. The other thing that would most likely make it happen faster would be someone like Square adding it as standard to their features. That's the most likely thing to get this to move. 

Kota47
1 0 1

Add me to the list.

I wonder how much time people have wasted trying to figure this out just like I have done. Adding package sizes when you can't assign them to the right products. 

SessionComponen
2 0 0

Add me to the list.

SessionComponen
2 0 0

The app doesn't work for shopify rates, only works if you have a carrier account.

tony5280
Shopify Partner
71 6 24

Meanwhile, Shopify has directed their considerable resources to overhauling their "app recommendation engine" (also known as this forum) so that they can continue to ignore us but in a really fancy, modern way.