Brand new to Shopify, please help..

BigMan41
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am very brand new with this Shopify.com site, I currently just started my own business selling anything from RC Drone, Cell phone Electronics & Accessories, and everything else. So what I would like to know is once I start up with Shopify.com account do you guys help us pick and for fill our online store with HOT selling products or how does this work?  Also,  I currently do not have a business registration just yet, but soon I will be doing that which I live in Vancouver, BC Canada area.

Your website says, that Shopify does the fulfillments, and tells us what hot products that sells, What about our own business website through Shopify.com I looked through your templates and I don't see anything templates for my type of business nor information about on how good does it do for selling Electronics do in this markets.?

Can someone please help me or guide me into the right direction, I've been having no such luck in googling this type of information.  As I have said before I'm a rookie when it comes to starting a business online, I don't have much money saved up for hiring someone for abit of assistance.

Also, if I choose to use you guys to get a domain name ie website name how can i make sure that this name or the name that I choose that no one else copies it.?  Can I use my domain name when i go to register it with canada for a business license?

Please help, that would be greatly helpful..

Thank you.

Chad Moore

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
517 12 88

Hi @BigMan41 ( Chad )

Firstly you can sell any of your own products which you have mentioned on your own store on shopify platform.

Shopify is a platform which is good to go for e-commerce. 

Let me know if we can have a detailed discussion and I can solve any of your questions abd help you design and develop your e-commerce store on shopify. 

You can email me on 

vinod@digitalcentrics.com

vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com 

Thank you. 

Vinod.

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
BigMan41
2 0 0

Hi there, 

Thank you so very much for your help, This is what I was a bit confused about..

Stock your store without inventory and ship directly to customers with Oberlo.   How does this work for my type of business, Again I'm very new in this, I don't even know on who or where I can find that supplies my types of products.

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
517 12 88

Hi @BigMan41 

I emailed you on your email. 

Can we talk 16th December please let me know a good time to talk. Please check my email I will guide you on suppliers back in USA. 

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1011 112 180

Hi @BigMan41,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great questions!

Shopify is the platform many shops use to build their website, but we don’t actually manage inventory or ship orders from here ourselves. We simply provide you with the means of managing your store yourself!

It sounds like you might have opted for the dropshipping business model. Oberlo is the dropshipping app most people use, and this guide on How Oberlo Works is fundamental reading.

You will need to download Google’s Chrome Browser to your desktop. You can download this via Google here. You should also add the Chrome Extension for Oberlo to your browser from here.

Have a look at this video which show’s how you can download the Oberlo app and install it to your store. I’ve also included how to add a product via the Oberlo app in the same video.

This video will show you how you can upload a product to your store by AliExpress. AliExpress includes a lot of jibberish that’s not needed for your store. I’d advise deleting the images that are not relevant to your product and as well the variants. You should edit the title, price, description, and variants once uploaded to your store to make it look like your own product. I’ve included this in the video as well just to show you an example.

I’ve made a video here on how to fulfill an order. When you see an order in your admin, you will need to first go to your Oberlo app and order it from the supplier. The video shows you how to do this. Once you fulfill the order, you then need to go back to your Shopify admin and click the ‘fulfilled’ button. This will send a notification to the customer saying that their order is on the way. Feel free to contact Oberlo via their email address hello@oberlo.com for any more information. 

There’s a really great AliExpress guide titled *The Definitive Guide to Dropshipping with Ali Express* that I’d recommend having a look over. It covers everything you need to know about dropshipping with AliExpress from start to finish.

In regard to shipping, here’s an informative Shopify Blog called Everything You Need to Know About ePacket Shipping: ePacket Delivery Explained that’s also certainly worth checking out too!

In terms of templates - which we call "themes" - we have a great guide on choosing them here. You will need to customize the theme to make it your own.

When it comes to domains, once you've bought a domain (whether it is through us or a third party) you own it and it cannot be copied. There's more about domains here.

I would recommend working slowly and carefully through the guide right here. You can click through the different topics on the left and read through it:

20-12-qcrat-0t9s8

If you still have difficulties with the guides, you can contact support. If you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email.
You can also reach our Support team @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through Messenger on Facebook here.

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes