Buy X get Y discount code not working

mothertongue
4 0 0

I've seen this question pop up a few times in the forums, but none of the solutions seem to be working for me...

I have a Buy X, Get Y discount I am trying to make; Customers purchase a pre=paid subscription and get a free coffee mug. 

The Pre-paid Subscription is in a collection called "Subscriptions", which I selected when I was designated which collection I wanted the discount to apply to (see photo).

When I try to check out, I get a " _______  discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart" error message. 

Can anyone figure out why this is happening? I've tried it with different emails, different browsers, cleared my cookies.... No idea how to fix this!

Here is the product page: 

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.36.17 AM.png

Here is the "Create a Discount" page:

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.32.45 AM.png

Here is the checkout error message: 

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.30.44 AM.png

Replies 2 (2)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @mothertongue,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with setting up Buy X, Get Y discounts, to get this resolved. To provide some context, the Buy X, Get Y discount will require all products to be added to the cart in order to apply as expected. I recommend checking out our Creating Discount Codes documentation for more information on this!

As the customer should receive a free mug if the 6 month subscription-prepaid is purchased, please ensure both items (Buy X, Get Y) are included in the cart at checkout, prior to adding the discount code.

In the case the discount still doesn't work after attempting this troubleshooting step, please Contact Support to allow for further investigation. Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mothertongue
4 0 0

Thanks for the quick reply-

So I did also try this (added the subscription and also the "free" ceramic mug which is specified in the discount code, and then tried to apply the discount), on two separate browsers and it still did not work I'm afraid.