Can I cancel an order after issuing a full refund?

LGP
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I forgot that I could "cancel" an order, so I refunded the customer in full and restocked the item. Is it still possible to "cancel" the order, or will that send another refund? I'm just trying to clean up my orders page view.

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 277

Hi there, @LGP. Thanks for reaching out to everyone here in the Shopify Community regarding your issue with your order. My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

Typically, cancelling an order would provide you with an option to refund the order, but there's an alternative to cancelling the order here. Instead of cancelling the order, you can archive the order so it doesn't appear on your orders page. The directions to archive an order can be found on this help document here. I'll also post them below if that is easier!

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.

2. From the Orders page, click the number of the order that you want to archive.

3. Click More actions, and then click Archive orders.

I tested these steps in my own store, and they didn't quiet explain the process how I would personally, so here's a screenshot showing you what to click to archive this particular order.

07-35-58820-39210.png

I hope you find this information helpful! Let me know if you have any questions!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog