Solved

Can I require customer email before transaction for sending videogame keys?

CptPrezzo
Visitor
1 0 0

so i'm creating a shop for selling videogames keys but there is anyway, that before accepting the transactions it requires the email so the keys can be sent?

(sorry for bad english i'm italian)

Accepted Solution (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 78

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @CptPrezzo ,

I just want to gather context in regards to your query! Are you wanting an email to be collected at the check out before you fulfill the order? If this is the case, it is definitely something you can enable in your settings by completing the following steps - 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Checkout.
  2. To add a sign-up checkbox to your checkout, in the Email marketing section, check Show an option to subscribe at checkout.
  3. Optional: Check Preselect the option to check the email marketing sign-up check box at the checkout by default for customers without an account or customers who are on your email subscription list. The email marketing sign-up check box isn't checked for customers who have opted out of email marketing or who aren't on your email subscription list.
  4. Click Save.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 78

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @CptPrezzo ,

I just want to gather context in regards to your query! Are you wanting an email to be collected at the check out before you fulfill the order? If this is the case, it is definitely something you can enable in your settings by completing the following steps - 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Checkout.
  2. To add a sign-up checkbox to your checkout, in the Email marketing section, check Show an option to subscribe at checkout.
  3. Optional: Check Preselect the option to check the email marketing sign-up check box at the checkout by default for customers without an account or customers who are on your email subscription list. The email marketing sign-up check box isn't checked for customers who have opted out of email marketing or who aren't on your email subscription list.
  4. Click Save.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog