Solved

Can I still use Stripe with another payment app enabled?

leeaw
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

If I have enabled a native payment app other than Stripe, it removes Stripe from my payment page. Is it possible to still have Stripe as a payment option? like a Stripe Hosted Payment Page?
Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (2)
Blair
Shopify Staff
1861 254 224

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @leeaw,

No problem at all! 

As mentioned, you can only have one payment gateway operating on a shop at a time. The best thing you can do is decide what payment gateway/method best suits your business needs! 

lease let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Blair
Shopify Staff
1861 254 224

Hi @leeaw,

I'd be happy to provide some further clarification. If you selected the third-party payment provider Payoneer as your payment gateway, then you would not be able to add Stripe. Only one payment gateway can be enabled on the shop at a time. 

Due to this, you will want to decide if Stripe better fits your business needs over Payoneer. 

Hopefully this provides some clarification! 

Blair | Shopify 

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1861 254 224

Hi @leeaw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with payment providers to ensure this gets resolved. 

To share some insight, only one primary payment gateway can be operating on a shop at a time. If it's decided to use Stripe as your primary payment gateway, you will not have access to any other payment provider within the shop. While I can completely understand how this may not be ideal, you will want to decide what payment gateway best suits your business needs.

For more information on accepting credit cards online, you can check out our Third-Party Payment Providers document. 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 

leeaw
Tourist
4 0 1

@Blair Thank you so much for your reply.
If I use another payment gateway as my primary gateway, other than Stripe, is there a way for me to add Stripe as a secondary payment gateway hosted outside?

Blair
Shopify Staff
1861 254 224

Hi @leeaw,

No problem at all! 

As mentioned, you can only have one payment gateway operating on a shop at a time. The best thing you can do is decide what payment gateway/method best suits your business needs! 

lease let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 

leeaw
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Blair
Let say I want to have Payoneer as my Payment Provider. 
Do you know if it is possible to add stripe as a Supported Payment Method? or is Stripe only available as a Payment Provider.

Blair
Shopify Staff
1861 254 224

Hi @leeaw,

I'd be happy to provide some further clarification. If you selected the third-party payment provider Payoneer as your payment gateway, then you would not be able to add Stripe. Only one payment gateway can be enabled on the shop at a time. 

Due to this, you will want to decide if Stripe better fits your business needs over Payoneer. 

Hopefully this provides some clarification! 

Blair | Shopify