Can I use my own shopify account

ralphemerson
Visitor
1 0 0

I signed up but i do not see Stripe as an option. I do want to use shopify payments as we do large volume and already have a stripe account that knows our volume. Dont want to start over and go back to holds and rolling reserves.  anyway to use our current stripe account in US?

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Greetings, @ralphemerson.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking for a way to use your own Stripe account in the US. By default Stripe isn't an option in regions that are supported by Shopify Payments, as Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe. Since you've already got an established account with Stripe, it shouldn't be a problem for you as Stripe handles the reviews for holds and reserves. However, it's worth noting that Stripe does support more products types, so if you happen to be selling something that isn't supported on Shopify Payments - our Payments team can disable Shopify Payments on your store and allow you to continue with Stripe on your store. 

Since there aren't any transaction fees using Shopify Payments, would you like to start with Shopify Payments and see how it fits with your business?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog